Dissecting a PC...

food158

You could just get another hard drive or wipe your current one and you'd be fine.

Viruses are software that is sometimes violent and sometimes annoying (it depends on the type) just because a computer has a virus does not mean it is the end unless it forced the components to over-volt but I don't think such a software exist at least yet.

OK.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

"Dissecting a PC"

..Never seen it put that way.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

But this computer has viruses. It also doesn't boot up. I'm a little paranoid something could go wrong.

Computer viruses cannot affect biological organisms.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Computer viruses cannot affect biological organisms.

that would be a scary if it could happen.

The virus is virtual, its not like ebola or hiv man. And if you said its broken then there is no fear for you breaking something valuable

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Heh heh, I'm scared the viruses will damage the PC components. Could I rebuild it? O_O Oh that would be great.

Modern day viruses don't damage PC components, but there was one back in the olden days called CIH that would wreck your motherboard but your computer had to be on for it to work

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Did he have a 5.25 floppy drive in that computer?

Yup, looks like it xD

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Could you define what you mean?

He's kinda annoyed that you don't know a lot about computers. Opening it up is perfectly fine. A computer virus is a bunch of code on the hard drive and code doesn't do anything to humans.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

*opens PC*

*gets ebola*

*spreads it on the linustechtips forum*

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

He's kinda annoyed that you don't know a lot about computers. Opening it up is perfectly fine. A computer virus is a bunch of code on the hard drive and code doesn't do anything to humans.

Ok thank you. Opening up a PC is how you learn right?

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Guys I know that I'm not going to get the virus. I was worried if I would damage my parts...

Erm... your... 'parts'? As in lacerations/STDs? What is it that you are planning on trying to do to/with this machine of yours?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Erm... your... 'parts'? As in lacerations/STDs? What is it that you are planning on trying to do to/with this machine of yours?

This is the best and worse thread i have ever seen on this forum.

Okay guys, you're all being giant assholes.

Op, don't worry about viruses, they will only do stuff to your hard drive, which is probably dead already anyways. Just open it up and see what's inside! Make sure you don't static shock out though, just touch a metal doorknob or another person or anything else that will take your static build up. I Alsip recommend checking out linus's other account Tech quickie, it has a lot of basic information about computers to get you started!

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Hopefully I can make my machine work again.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

Remove HDD.

put SSD in.

replace cpu cooler.

add a gpu.

load Ubuntu/fedora onto ssd.

game.

:P

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

This is the best and worse thread i have ever seen on this forum.

That was glorious. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Ok thank you. Opening up a PC is how you learn right?

Watch LinusTechTips, open up old computers, maybe dabble in some programming. 

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

im honestly confused.. are you worried youre going to catch the computers virus? you cant..if youre serious, its PC data. 101001001010001010111010010101010100101010 means nothing to an organic organ.