why do we have no PSU's with monitors/interfaces yet?

marat569

Woulldn't it be cool to have a PSU that has a little connector into your mobo so you can monitor it.

> See how much power x part of your PC is using

> See how much power is "free"/"used"

Currently the PSU is one of the only parts in a rig that has no interface, and just a big piece of hardware. Why not change that?

Woulldn't it be cool to have a PSU that has a little connector into your mobo so you can monitor it.

Currently the PSU is one of the only parts in a rig that has no interface, and just a big piece of hardware. Why not change that?

Good Question the only answer i can think of is that some people would not like it and it would cost allot of money for the companies to incorpirate a LCD into the psu

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

That's a really good idea. Like, almost have a little display in one of the front bays. Like a fan controller, but instead of that, you can monitor your PSU. Like a little screen.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Yeah, Corsair Link does that

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Cm has one coming

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I'd be happy with some LED indicators

Good Question the only answer i can think of is that some people would not like it and it would cost allot of money for the companies to incorpirate a LCD into the psu

Not an LCD, a wire into your mobo so you can run a program to tell you whatsup ^_^

Every AXxxxi series has it

BDAVP1L.jpg

Yeah, Corsair Link does that

Well I didn't know that, and that does look cool! I'd love for my PSU to have an interface.

( Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply ) :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188

Cm has one coming

Just wanted to say you have an awesome icon. You are now bluefangif!

As well as Corsair's software I'm pretty sure EVGA has some software as well.

As well as Corsair's software I'm pretty sure EVGA has some software as well.

is it specific to the PSU? Also is there a special adapter (maybe a usb 2.0) that goes into the mobo?

is it specific to the PSU? Also is there a special adapter (maybe a usb 2.0) that goes into the mobo?

It only works with EVGA's NEX 1.5KW. You wont find one that will work for all supplies due to the simple fact that the PSU doesn't send any data anywhere unless it has a USB connector that allows it to send information.

Just wanted to say you have an awesome icon. You are now bluefangif!

Thanks.

I saw some video, i think it was linus, about a bluetooth cm psu, conects to ur phone, and tells u all da info

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Haha it's gotten to the point where I use the PC more to monitor how it's running, just out of interest, than actually using it for games where that information is actually useful....

Not an LCD, a wire into your mobo so you can run a program to tell you whatsup ^_^

Well I didn't know that, and that does look cool! I'd love for my PSU to have an interface.

( Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply ) :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188

Any corsair I series power supply has that.

I'm pretty sure there are others but thats all i recall

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it