Question about the ATH-ad500x

Joncrafters

So i got them today and i was wondering in the settings if i should set it to stereo or 7.1/5.1 IDK

When I was a little youngster, I used to think those 5.1/7/1 headphones actually came with 5 or 7 drivers situated in different places inside the earcup, boy was I wrong.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

When I was a little youngster, I used to think those 5.1/7/1 headphones actually came with 5 or 7 drivers situated in different places inside the earcup, boy was I wrong.

The scary thing is, some DO! :o

Some expensive ones do. They aren't any better.

You mean like balanced armature and hybrid in-ears?

No, like the cool ultra-headset, the Razer Tiamat.

You mean like balanced armature and hybrid in-ears?

They put multiple wire coils on the same piece of membrane and call it multiple drivers. The new Asus one might do something different but then you have a bunch of tiny cheap drivers instead of one good driver.

They put multiple wire coils on the same piece of membrane and call it multiple drivers. The new Asus one might do something different but then you have a bunch of tiny cheap drivers instead of one good driver.

If it's Asus, it will be good; I will wait for the echo chamber of tech YouTube channels to do thorough unboxings!

I didn't even know what drivers were until not so long ago, and even now I just simplify it to "magnetic rocks by my ears" :P

If it's Asus, it will be good; I will wait for the echo chamber of tech YouTube channels to do thorough unboxings!

Gotta sell dat placebo. If everyone thinks it's good, it doesn't matter if it actually is or not.

I didn't even know what drivers were until not so long ago, and even now I just simplify it to "magnetic rocks by my ears" :P

Take out the "ic rock" part and you're spot on.

Gotta sell dat placebo. If everyone thinks it's good, it doesn't matter if it actually is or not.

That's why they haven't designed an audio product that doesn't need a 30+ ohm output resistor to function properly; they don't need to.

One example is the Razer Tiamat 7.1

21524.jpg

Logically, it's like taping 5 satellites to each ears. 

One example is the Razer Tiamat 7.1

Logically, it's like taping 5 satellites to each ears. 

You can tell it is cutting-edge audio Science because they used a diagram.

You can tell it is cutting-edge audio Science because they used a diagram.

And I'll say it's just a matter of time before some company make a headphone with 50 drivers in each ears. Imagine that, 80.20 true surround headphone....