Western Digital SSDs

Cloudman

Western Digital to acquire sTec to expand in enterprise SSDs -

http://www.itnews.com/ssd/63563/western-digital-acquire-stec-expand-enterprise-ssds#sthash.WNMOGIek.dpuf

"

Western Digital plans to acquire sTec to boost its presence in the market for enterprise solid-state drives.

The two companies have signed a definitive agreement under which sTec will be acquired by HGST, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Western Digital, for about US$340 million in cash.

"

What does this mean?, to me this means more storage options from WD who are already a big presece in the storage market what do you all think good? bad? why bother? 

I personally am very excited I have been holding out for a while to get an SSD this could be just the thing to push me over to SSDs for all my systems 

-Cm

I think the western digital will be nothing special but they will probably have great value and they might have diffren color SSDs like blue is nomal (what i meant with nothing special) and black with really high performace RED will be high capacity or will be used as a cache in a NAS

that would be really cool because if they made a western digital Black SSD and maybe made it a PCIe SSD i would buy that. All i have to say is, TAKE MY MONEY!!!! AND SAS SSDs :D

It seems to me it could be a great venture for them

They make pretty good hard drives. Would be interesting to see them making SSDs that are affordable and offer lots of performance.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3