Pandoras Purple Box... (ooh-er)

davido_labido

Can't wait to see the finished Build. If I save up enough money before summer I might Build something with the pandora  :)

and a copy with the cooler master logo

attachicon.gifPandoras Purple Pox.png

I feel like @davido_labido should/could have asked me for the art.

Shop information on my profile: http://linustechtips.com/main/user/68881-rumikarimu/

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/yApKw

Man, those colors are looking weird and wonderful!

Nice work so far.

if you get more sponsors, let me know and ill add their logos is you like the banner

aaah, thanks for taking the time to do this, unfortunately sponsors are somewhat picky on what i do with their logos, so i have to be careful what i use! i do appreciate it though man!!

Can't wait to see the finished Build. If I save up enough money before summer I might Build something with the pandora  :)

Thanks buddy! its a nice case, the only thing im not keen on is the cable management!

I feel like @davido_labido should/could have asked me for the art.

Shop information on my profile: http://linustechtips.com/main/user/68881-rumikarimu/

Portfolio: http://imgur.com/a/yApKw

ooou, some nice work there as well! im not great at the whole photoshop thing, but if i ever need anything done, i will keep you in mind :D

Man, those colors are looking weird and wonderful!

Nice work so far.

thanks buddy!! :D

So, i took my panels to be powder coated last week, i got them done at a local place and they have really done me proud! they look excellent.

Unfortunately i couldn't get them straight away as i was playing with about 40 processors, 10 GPU's and 4 or 5 Mobos... oh, and 200 liters of LN2.

8sg00mch.jpg

LN2 overclocking was fun!

I went straight from that event to work away for 3 days and then picked up the panels and headed to E22.biz and Hex Gear!

Whilst i was there, i of course wanted to see the new hex gear case, so here is a little preview of the CEO and his partners computers! These are not the finalised cases, there are a few new features to be added, but still, they are rather sexy!!

UQOnWmJh.jpg

(theres 3.5cm of cable management space behind the mobo tray!)

8EPbl8Kh.jpg

The CEO's

AZPbMywh.jpg

The CEO of Hex Gear also owns E22.Biz, so it was a few steps into his workshop and we got to this (sorry about the aweful quality of this pic, i just simply forgot to focus haha)

RaIUZ9Ch.jpg

The idea is to laser off the powder coating, keeping the brushed aluminium of the Pandora intact underneath.

this is the first test image we did on the inside of the back panel

h090W8bh.jpg

we could see the white still, so we intensified the laser

FIRE ZE LASER!!!!

rDf7rWZh.jpg

then to test it on the outside panel, somewhere inconspicuous first!

melCESbh.jpg

and what i really wanted to add, my sponsors!!!

7HJQ7Fyh.jpg

I wanted to do it in a way that stands out, but not too "in your face"

wIohlP6h.jpg

I dont like stickers too much, so I think this is a really nice way to do it

m6z2I7ih.jpg

It has also given me ideas for another build that i want to do!

lxhlQ0jh.jpg

I really like these, and thanks to E22 for making it happen!!

b6iJmPrh.jpg

I have also started to mod the cables again, now i know where the GPU is going, i want to cut all the extensions down, then add the connectors for the BitFenix PSU so that they can go straight into the PSU rather than onto the standard black sleeved PSU cables

j2NsCWNh.jpg

whilst i was doing this, a nice suprise from OcUK turned up! Thanks guys!

3sHPmlYh.jpg

and this is where i am now.

QdHSfwHh.jpg

Jobs to do:

• drop the GPU down around 10mm, somehow i have lost the position i had it in originally and now the fittings are sticking out of the case again!!
  • re do all the tubing
  • make a back plate to hide the cuts that i will have to make for the GPU wires.
  • paint the PSU
  • fill the loop

Im only at home 3 days of the next week to get this build finished now, so this is why this part of the build log is so scattered! but i will make sure that i add more pics once its done!

:o those laser etched side panels look so sweet! 

Thanks buddy :D

For anyone that is attending i54, say hi to me!!!

this build will hopefully be on the OcUK stand there and i am also BYOC with H2Orange in the EON lounge!!

Weeeell,  I had best post these last few pics of this build (its not the last update, as i do have the peripherals to do still yet!!!!)

Not much talking in this update, more of just putting all the pictures somewhere, and i will be posting another load of pics in the next few minutes too :P

What i will say though is if you have a Bit-Tech account and you like this build, please do vote for me here:

I am currently in the lead, but only by 5 votes! 

So, The PSU i sprayed white and shortened the cables to around 10mm so that i didnt have to worry about the cable management so much!

EPgG5zvh.jpg

I also made this little nifty 8pin EPS cable sot hat i didnt have to use the stock cable for the PSU as well as the extension

9qI4wyNh.jpg

I also made a backing plate out of some white acrylic that E22 gave to me, i ended up cutting it in half as i didnt like it after id cut out all the motherboard headers, so i just left it covering the PSU and GPU

T4H0cS2h.jpg

I cut some holes out of the motherboard try, and made a place for my SSDs as well as filled the loop

ajuK61Xh.jpg

uNqA5xlh.jpg

0bAMOFph.jpg

89AEbZIh.jpg

okhhCMfh.jpg

Then i gave it all al ittle touch up and took some pics of it <3

KUM3kU7h.jpg

8TNx4tgh.jpg

2xNKRYmh.jpg

FLUjn3ih.jpg

0L1lHTSh.jpg

9aeDJdIh.jpg

pfS1GIUh.jpg

As some of you know, OcUK help me a lot in a multitude of ways, so I offered to put my build on their stand for the weekend at i54 - the UK's biggest gaming festival. 

Well, all the staff really liked it, particularly the big boss man (wooooohoooooo!!!) but these are some pics from teh stand.

A huge thanks to OcUK for allowing me to be part of your display, it really does mean a lot.

Before the masses arived.

Puf2rCTh.jpg

It soon started to pull people into the stand.

brRZbt9h.jpg

Lots of people!

wdH88KMh.jpg

8-Pack spent a lot of time with me around this build, he really liked what I had done, which hearing so many good things from the biggest UK components retailer and the worlds number 1 overclocker is huge for me.

kGhvWD6h.jpg

mCMihaEh.jpg

CS:GO was being run on my computer the whole weekend with a BenQ freesync monitor which was awesome. I wish i could have taken it home!!

TMlxk4Eh.jpg

It was awesome to see the ocuk stand so busy all the time, and to have my build on the "front line" was an honor.

qYBmvsQh.jpg

7j29uL2h.jpg

A huge thanks to my sponsors!

zKiZW73h.jpg

and the final build :)

td1pvI3h.jpg

looking at it  now with everything installed makes me want more purple on the GPU block, it looks rather bare, maybe a purple EK logo or purple screws or both.

The amount of time and obvious labor of love is truly remarkable.  It's quite a feat to see someone's work when so much care and passion for detail get put on display.  I commend your efforts, you're obviously very talented.

That said, I have one singular gripe about an aesthetic missing from this build... I feel the SSD's are not up to par with the rest of the design.  The colors should have been reversed (either a white X with purple backing) or white added to the HyperX logo to make it pop off the purple.  Otherwise, there are too many positives about this to list with any brevity.  A true work of art.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

looking at it  now with everything installed makes me want more purple on the GPU block, it looks rather bare, maybe a purple EK logo or purple screws or both.

I actually like the CPU block as it is tbh, its personal preference though on that though so I certainly don't mind you saying it :D 

The amount of time and obvious labor of love is truly remarkable.  It's quite a feat to see someone's work when so much care and passion for detail get put on display.  I commend your efforts, you're obviously very talented.

That said, I have one singular gripe about an aesthetic missing from this build... I feel the SSD's are not up to par with the rest of the design.  The colors should have been reversed (either a white X with purple backing) or white added to the HyperX logo to make it pop off the purple.  Otherwise, there are too many positives about this to list with any brevity.  A true work of art.

I absolutely agree with you on this!! I was actually trying to get the HyperX logos white (using around 5 different methods, but I failed every time!!!) The logos are raised, they have ripples and they are quite detailed. If id have thought about it more at the beginning I probably would have been able to do what I wanted, but like an idiot I thought I'd spray them purple then detail them in white after. What I should have done is done them in white, then masked them off then done the purple... If I didn't make these mistakes though I wouldn't get better! :)

I actually like the CPU block as it is tbh, its personal preference though on that though so I certainly don't mind you saying it :D

GPU block...

This build is awesome! Such attention to detail! Congratulations!

GPU block...

doh! don't have my glasses on haha :D GPU block was going to have a logo on it, but I really didn't want to use a vinyl sticker and laser wasnt an option because of the acrylic block

doh! don't have my glasses on haha :D GPU block was going to have a logo on it, but I really didn't want to use a vinyl sticker and laser wasnt an option because of the acrylic block

Glasses are a good idea...

Pity you couldn't put anything on it as it looks kinda bare and now I've noticed it it's annoying me.

What did you use to paint the motherboard? As i would like to paint mine but do not want it to look terrible. 

This machine is simply incredible, I'm not at all surprised it got that many onlookers, amazing well done!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |