Need opinions on choosing a gpu for wood case pc

Hi guys. Title sums it up all quite nicely.

I'm doing a little bit of case modding along building a new comp (both which I've never done). All I'm missing is the GPU now.

Specs:

z97-a motherboard

i5-4690k cpu + tx3 evo cooler

10gb ddr3 ram

The case itself is a regular atx metal case as the base. I've removed the top and pieces from the front (leaving the driver+hdd racks? in place).

The sides are gona be wood panel and top+front are going to be filter + mesh (so its a pretty breathing thing)

This is not assembled yet but just to give you an image what it's going to be looking like.(missing that mesh)

picture link http://i.imgur.com/qdZUQY0.jpg

I live in finland eu (hence the prices) and I've rounded up my selection to these. (I've considered geting it out of the country but shipping for 1 part+ possible hassle with warranty not worth the 10-20€ save)

TL;DR Which GPU would you pick? Considering these things:

-Need to save money for upcoming baby (would prefer 200-250€ but already put aside/expecting ~350€)

-Noise, pretty open case

-Heat, wood on case

-Performance

-Single 1080 monitor, possibly geting a 2nd monitor in the future

GTX 970

new - 339€ (inno3D herculez x2) 0€ shipping

Used - 290€ (gigabyte, no info if still has warranty, what version ect. seller very slow to respond) friend can pick this up/possible shipping

R9 290x

Used/opened package 250€ - from a local store. 12months warranty, emailed me that it's this version (without the game)? this is the reference version??

http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/reader.en/product/radeon-r9-290x-battlefield-4-limited-edition.html

Used ~200€ - xfx, claimed to be mining 24/7 for almost a year + other similar cards with no info if they've been used to mine coins. All have warranty tho 1-2 years

R9 280x

Used 160-180€ - xfx mostly, different sellers/shops. Most have warranty 1-2 years

GTX 960?

Waiting for this anyway, I think it's going to affect prices for new AND used ones. Not sure how it will stackup against these but we'll see.

why no gtx 760-770-780(TI)

They don't really sell new ones anymore. I've found 760 new for 240€

Used 760-780TI 300-500€ - Might have warranty but don't think I'm going to pay that much for an used one.

I'm pretty interested on that 290x but really worried about heat/noise since heard/read bad things about the reference card. Second choise would be that inno3d gtx 970.

LMK your opinion on this! :)

Get the 970. Performs better, uses much less power and most importantly runs cooler.

What about a new R9 290? Avoid the reference design, it's not very good.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*