GPU for this old lady ?

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey Guys! So I just wanted to know if there's any GPU in market that can support my old PC! 

CPU: Intel Deleron 420 (Conroe-L) @ 1.6 Ghz

Mobo: MSI G31TM-P21

RAM:2 GB

I don't game much, but still there are some games that'd require at least 2 gb gpu :)

Budget isn't a matter!

Thanks! 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

cheapest used gpu you can find.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Titan Z SLI.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

If budget isnt a matter you might wanna consider replacing the whole system with a new maybe 500usd build.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

If budget isnt a matter you might wanna consider replacing the whole system with a new maybe 500usd build.

For this PC, euthanasia is the answer.

I support these ideas.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'm building a PC in april and have the parts decided. I just don't want to leave this PC. I love this PC, that's why i'd like to make this small change:D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I don't game much, but still there are some games that'd require at least 2 gb gpu :)

I would advise spending no more than $60 on a GPU for this system. You don't game much and you probably don't play demanding games anyways.

If you want to play demanding games or step up your game, you are going to have to build a new system.

If you don't play much and you don't play demanding games, a GPU as old as the gtx 550ti would do you just fine.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

I'm building a PC in april and have the parts decided. I just don't want to leave this PC. I love this PC, that's why i'd like to make this small change:D

I can understand that ;) But that pc is so slow that it almost doesnt make sense to put a dedicated GPU in it. Maybe if you can find a really cheap used GTX 260 or something old like that... i dunno :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

if you want to keep the style go with some GT GPU

gt 8800 eg. 

:D might be overkill for the cpu :'D

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

the gtx 260 would be somthing if you can find one ;D

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

. I just don't want to leave this PC. I love this PC, that's why i'd like to make this small change:D

Sometimes stuff just cannot be updated so stick with it till April then when you build your new rig use that to game but buying a new GPU for two maybe three months use seems ridiculous to me. Maybe take a punt on secondhand but second hand electronics are a minefield,(some will get away with it and buy all their stuff from eBay, others stuff will blow-up first time they try) personaly I wouldn't risk it. I feel you are SOL and will have to wait on the updated machine.

If you can find a good secondhand one of these from a trusted source, might be worth a go otherwise...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-Graphics-Express/dp/B009KZ4EO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1408997517&sr=1-1&keywords=GT640-DCSL-2GD3

I have a HP (ptoi) that I want to give a midlife update too and move it to my son's room but the motherboard is on a stamped metal plate rather than standoffs so I can't put in a new MoBo so although my son really likes the look of the case (he is on the Autustic spectrum and doesn't like change: he has got used to this system sitting in the living room) I cannot "upgrade" it. So he gets it like it is . 

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

I can understand that ;) But that pc is so slow that it almost doesnt make sense to put a dedicated GPU in it. Maybe if you can find a really cheap used GTX 260 or something old like that... i dunno :P

Used will be good :) . But I just want to know which GPU will be the best :)

COMING SOON

I have a HP (ptoi) that I want to give a midlife update too and move it to my son's room but the motherboard is on a stamped metal plate rather than standoffs so I can't put in a new MoBo so although my son really likes the look of the case I cannot "upgrade" it. So he gets it like it is .  Sometimes stuff just cannot be updated so stick with it till April then when yopu build your new rig use that to game but buying a new GPU for two maybe three months use seems ridiculous to me. |Maybe take a punt on secondhand but second hand electronics are a minefield personnaly I wouldn't risk it.

Maybe :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce-DirectCU-Graphics-Express/dp/B009KZ4EO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1408997517&sr=1-1&keywords=GT640-DCSL-2GD3

Fanless so silent (absent any coilwhine)

If GT640 will support, i'm ready to buy it :)

COMING SOON

If GT640 will support, i'm ready to buy it :)

Are you sure you want to do that, the proc. is very old ?

See my edit about 'if it can be found secondhand (good condition)', dubious of spending anything on that system when you are building a new one in April.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"