The computer runs,with all the post beep,but nothing happens on the display

markoses666
Go to solution Solved by MourningSouls,

Is your monitor plugged in at both ends?

Is the monitor on?

Is your monitor plugged into the motherboard, or GPU?

Are the GPU power connectors plugged in?

Does the GPU appear to be functional? (Depending on model, the fans may not spin while idle. Any LED's should light up though.)

If answer to above question is no, or unsure, remove the GPU and test with onboard.

Okay guys,need a little help here. My computer runs,the fans are spinning,the hdd working,everything seems fine,but i am getting nothing on the display!

I dont think reseting bios will do anything big,because i do get the post beep sound from the motherboard,so ehat could the issue be?

1. Double check the display cable

Test each graphics card

Ensure that the power connectors are seated correctly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Make sure your monitor is functioning, swap the cable (might be broken), and make sure youre not missing anything really simple.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Is the monitor on?

Does the GPU appear to be functional? (Depending on model, the fans may not spin while idle. Any LED's should light up though.)

If answer to above question is no, or unsure, remove the GPU and test with onboard.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Hmm i dont think that the GA-68MT-S2 has an onboard graphics,alldoe it does have a VGA plug on itself,but i dont have a gpu on the fx-4100

Is the monitor on?

Yeah man,removed the GPU and connected the monitor with onboard GPU,everything is fine now, i do have the display. Does this mean my GPU is dead? :(

Yeah man,removed the GPU and connected the monitor with onboard GPU,everything is fine now, i do have the display. Does this mean my GPU is dead? :(

If using the on board GPU works, then yes its the graphics card at fault. Have you tried your other one yet? As it may still be working just fine.

PMSL

If using the on board GPU works, then yes its the graphics card at fault. Have you tried your other one yet? As it may still be working just fine.

well in this setup i only have one HD6850,which we assume is dead...I will try it a bit later on,but i think there is no hope since the onboard one does work fine :( Such a shame,it did work 3 years perfectly,it NEVER overheated,and was used for some casual gaming ex: Counter-Strike: Source and stuff like that,i'm amazed it died. I didnt point out that i'm using a DVI to VGA adapter to plug it with my Monitor,maybe the adapter is the fault? I've tried some other VGA cables,and the issue was still the same

well in this setup i only have one HD6850,which we assume is dead...I will try it a bit later on,but i think there is no hope since the onboard one does work fine :( Such a shame,it did work 3 years perfectly,it NEVER overheated,and was used for some casual gaming ex: Counter-Strike: Source and stuff like that,i'm amazed it died. I didnt point out that i'm using a DVI to VGA adapter to plug it with my Monitor,maybe the adapter is the fault? I've tried some other VGA cables,and the issue was still the same

Oh, looking at your profile though it says you have 2 in crossfire. You might want to update your profile. And yes it is possible that the adapter is at fault, though if your other cables had the same issues maybe not. Do you have a screen with HDMI? Its quite possible that its the DVI port at fault.

PMSL

Oh, looking at your profile though it says you have 2 in crossfire. You might want to update your profile. And yes it is possible that the adapter is at fault, though if your other cables had the same issues maybe not. Do you have a screen with HDMI? Its quite possible that its the DVI port at fault.

Well i have two computers,this is not my setup,it's my dad's computer,we have similar setup haha :D so i do not,this is one-time topic. And yes,i though of it too,but my monitor only supports DVI single link and VGA port,so it suck...Ill wait for the GTX 960 to come out,so the hell with it. I'll never go back to AMD,that's for sure.