Painting PCI brackets and HDD rails

TheBoneyKing

Anyone got recommendations on paint and process I could use to paint the white PCI brackets and HDD holders on my Define r4? Want to paint them blue to match my blue/black theme. Thanks

| CPU: Core i5-3570K  |  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  |  CPU Cooler: CM Seidon 120V |

| GPU: EVGA GTX 970 ACX  |  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 mhz |

PlastiDip, if you screw up, you can just try again

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Plasti-kote or Plastidip

Should I sand down first?

| CPU: Core i5-3570K  |  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  |  CPU Cooler: CM Seidon 120V |

| GPU: EVGA GTX 970 ACX  |  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 mhz |

While plastidip is convenient if you want a more durable and IMO nicer finish I would go with regular metal/plastic spray paint, if the parts are metal then the paint is easy enough to remove with paint stripper if you screw up and if its plastic and you are going from a light to dark(er) colour plastic dyes work fantastic and are really hard to get wrong.

Plastidips better left just for component (PCB) painting or plastics if you don't want a permanent change IMO.

Anyone got recommendations on paint and process I could use to paint the white PCI brackets and HDD holders on my Define r4? Want to paint them blue to match my blue/black theme. Thanks

No Plastidip...its trash IMO for metallic surfaces...in order to properly paint, follow this procedure:

1. Scuff up/sand existing area if already painted or if raw metal, prep and apply chemical conversion coating
  2. Rinse with water and dry completely with clean, dry cloth
  3. Apply 1-2 coats of self-etching (if you didnt prep/chem convert before), epoxy-based or regular spray primer (automotive brands usually work best)
  4. Apply 2-4 coats of enamel or epoxy based spray paint, sanding (with 400-800 grit sandpaper) and wiping in between coats.

Plastidip it. If you don't want the matte finish, use plastidip glossifier after. I'm thinking of doing the same once I get my hands on a define r5