Does it really matter what brand R9 280 I use?

Hello

I've decided to use the R9 280 in my first Gaming PC build over the GTX 760. Anyway I was wondering does it really matter what brand I use? What I'm trying to ask is do the different brands of the R9 280s perform better or work better. As of now I think I've made my decision of using the MSI R9 280.

Thanks!

Processor i5 4440 Graphics Card GTX 980ti Motherboard MSI B85M-G43 Memory 8GB Storage 1TB HDD Power Supply XFX TS 750W Case Fractal Design Core 1300

Sapphire is the way to go:

Best cooler

Best customer service

They make AMD's OEM stuff so they know what they are doing when it comes to AMD

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

not really no, the only real difference there will be are the coolers they use.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Some will be quieter and run cooler, which can translate into more performance.The MSI one will be fine.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

No it doesn't.  However I would stick with Saphire.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

Don't the clock speeds matter though?

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

I think it always comes down to the looks tbh :D of course customer service must be good but meh whatever! i went with the strix 280 because i find it to be pretty, the msi is more the bang for the buck i think. and really almost all the 280's you can overclock to about 1100mhz if you desire so it really doesnt matter which one you get.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Don't the clock speeds matter though?

They do, but it's not really too important, because overclocking is a thing. And so the cooler use would be more important in that regard.

Unless OCing isn't a thing. In which case I'd agree :)

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I doesn't really matter as long as they are a reputable brand and have good customer reviews.   

Sapphire is really good, So is Gigabyte. If you already have the MSI, stick with it. If not, get a Sapphire of Gigabyte, they're just slightly better. The Sapphire Vaporx is 2.5 slot so make sure you have enough space in your case.  :D

Sapphire has THE best customer service (friend's 265 broke, called me to handle it). They're super nice.