Setting your own mouse acceleration curve

Shoopman

Does anyone actually do this? Is there really a point in doing it or is it just generally better to leave your mouse on 1:1 movement?

Does anyone actually do this? Is there really a point in doing it or is it just generally better to leave your mouse on 1:1 movement?

I prefer my mouse to be linear, only because its predictable and more controllable that way.

i have been trying it out for the last couple months. A good acceleration curve can be quite advantageous, lots of quale pros, use acceleration curves for example. But it takes a lot of work to get used to an acceleration curve.

just to expand on this a little because i saw this thread last minute before i had to leave. Also, i am not an expert at acceleration, so take it with a grain of salt.

If you are looking to improve your aim, and have heard about some pro's using an acceleration curve, an acceleration curve isn't for you. Acceleration curves make aiming much more difficult.

What Acceleration curves do is they give you the precision of very low sensitivities when you're moving your mouse slowly combined with the ability to make very quick turns. So you can aim with a sensitivity of like 20 inches per 360 and turn 180 faster then you possibly could with 20 inch per 360 sensitivity.

finally, some advice if you want to try it. You can set the max sensitivity to your current sensitivity, then you already have your flick shot muscle memory set. To find out what speeds you move your mouse to do a flick shot, set your sensitivity super low and then have it set super high at a specific speed, then flick your mouse, if it barely moves it did not reach the speed where the sensitivity changes to very high. Once you find the approx speed you flick the mouse, you should set the acceleration curve so that it reaches the max sensitivity before that speed. Also, the shallower the acceleration, the easier it will probably be to adjust to it.

so as an example, this is the acceleration curve i'm using 4QmGXD0.png

the sensitivity i was using before acceleration was too low to set as the max, so i made the max sensitivity something like 1.125 times what my sensitivity used to be, then at the lowest sensitivity its .65 what it used to be, sensitivity cap is 1.73 because 1.73 times .65 gets you about 1.125. Finally, the Acceleration is set at 0.025 because at that acceleration, i reach the max sensitivity just before 30.0 mouse movements in a single update, which is approximately the slowest i move my mouse to do a flick shot.