Does anyone else get really anxious about shipping?

vanwazltoff

For many things I am the most patient person in the world, but when it comes to shipping I am the exact opposite. I track shipments about 10 times a day, more if its something expensive, with my newest monitor I checked the shipping about every 15-30 minutes for an update. I even select the shipping carrier based on what I feel has the best shipping tracking system, UPS so I can see the complete progress and know about where is it every step of the way. 

Anyone else like this, or am I just weird?

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I use minute-by-minute live tracking :lol:

Depends on the item. If I'm really looking forward to something, I'm obsessive. If not, I wait it out.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Not really. I just try to forget about it so I am happily surprised when it shows up. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

i don't worry about the delivery at all and don't often use tracking. the way i think about it is if it doesn't arrive how it should i complain and get it sorted at the companies expense.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I use minute-by-minute live tracking :lol:

Depends on the item. If I'm really looking forward to something, I'm obsessive. If not, I wait it out.

Imagine if Linus was that way, he would lose it with all the things that get sent to him

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I do, dont worry you arent alone :D Specially if im waiting on something i REAALLY want, like my DT770's

The obessiveness really peaked when I bought my Asus MX279h, the first one arrived late and broken, the second one arrived even later but thankfully it wasn't broken, I had to wait a 3 day weekend for it because OnTrack doesn't freaking ship on Saturdays and failed to ship it on a Friday too, so it was like waiting for a 5 days weekend to be over, I was practically pulling my hair out, I called OnTrack and gave them some very unhappy words, especially since it was supposed to be overnight shipping, so it took about 7 days for 1 days shipping, OnTrack f*&% you

Amazon prime ^.^ 2 day shipping! 

Not always  :angry:

I have the postal services' app with a nice little widget for my home screen whenever I'm waiting for stuff.

When I ordered my current phone, I was going home to visit my parents over Easter, on my way to the airport transit bus I checked my tracking details and figured I could just about make a short detour to the post office. I actually passed the post man in the door. Hadn't I checked, I would have had to wait over Easter to get my (then) shiny new phone. 

Not always  :angry:

Most items i filter for prime shipping rarely i buy anything not prime :P

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

The obessiveness really peaked when I bought my Asus MX279h, the first one arrived late and broken, the second one arrived even later but thankfully it wasn't broken, I had to wait a 3 day weekend for it because OnTrack doesn't freaking ship on Saturdays and failed to ship it on a Friday too, so it was like waiting for a 5 days weekend to be over, I was practically pulling my hair out, I called OnTrack and gave them some very unhappy words, especially since it was supposed to be overnight shipping, so it took about 7 days for 1 days shipping, OnTrack f*&% you

I mixed up OnTrack with DHL, but I have had similar experiences with OnTrack

I do and sad face when the postal service are lazy  ohh we dint bother with your packed cos it was 1min late and even tho it's here you can pick it up :p 

bu yea  I do it as well 

If it is for clients, I'm on top of it all the time. The last thing you want is one of your clients mad at you because you could not build or fix their computer on time. My self it really depends on what it is, if its cables or wires, not so much, if it is a full system I am building for my self and waiting for it,I check the tracking pretty often just to make sure every thing is arriving smoothy.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Most items i filter for prime shipping rarely i buy anything not prime :P

same, but prime isn't a 2 day guaranty. I pretty much only use Prime on Amazon, things often take longer than 2 days, especially when they come from out east.

I do because often times my packages get shipped to my neighbor and he works a lot so he doesnt always have the time to drop my stuff off and so most recently i had gotten my sister a christmas present in december and he wasnt able to return it until a month or two ago. so when im going to start with my computer stuff idk how long my say 2 780s will be sitting at his house. so i am getting a little paranoid for when i start my pc

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

If I'm sitting at home expecting something that day, I'll be running to the window every time a car drives by, hoping it's the UPS truck. :lol:

If I've got something to distract me though then it's not as bad.

I'm glad that when I'm at school packages usually arrive ~1PM so I can grab them right after a 12:00 class.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

same, but prime isn't a 2 day guaranty. I pretty much only use Prime on Amazon, things often take longer than 2 days, especially when they come from out east.

Oh i live in Michigan and i have had things for California and west stuff come in 2 days   

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

I always choose the product that has prime and then I pay the $3.99 for the next day shipping, so I ALWAYS get my item the next day. Never has it failed me... yet...

Lol do you really need your item that fast?

Oh i live in Michigan and i have had things for California and west stuff come in 2 days   

What carriers usually deliver from west to east? From east to west the main 2 are FedEx and and OnTrack, FedEx is usually a day or 2 late OnTrack is usually never on track hahaha

I look only on the day of arrival and then every day after that date if it hasnt arrived.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1