Can't decide between the Sony Xperia Z2 and the LG G3

Zyre

Hi there forum,

On February 25th my LG Nexus 4 contact will end after owning it for 24 months. The time for me to switch phone is approaching fast, and I've been looking around my for my next smartphone.

I've been researching for my next phone. My pick has been narrowed down to these two smartphones. The decision for me is between the Sony Xperia Z2 vs LG G3.

Both handsets looks really good, and fall within my current budget. I'm excluding the Z3c and Z3 as these two are outside my budget, or for the Z3c, isn't the size I want.

I can't wait to get myself a bigger phone, one that I can use to watch videos on and have the real estate.

A thread like this might be very common in this sub forum, but I hope some can give their impressions on what is the best pick for the next coming two years.

I've heard that the LG G3's screen doesn't get very bright and weird artifacts in regards to text. 

For the Z2 it's that I've read impressions that the glass cracks and overheating camera when filming in 4K mode.

These are some of the many questions I have about the two handsets. I'd love to hear from current owners. 

I'm including a poll right above. Everyone can vote of-course!

I vote Z2, because I like how it feels in the hand and slightly better battery life. LG G3 has better camera and all the peexels though. Glass cracks I think are covered by warranty and they only existed in the early versions? not sure.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have the G3 and absolutely love it.

Screen is plenty bright although I never use it full blast because I find that unnecessary.

Text looks sharp as well as everything else.

Camera quality is amazing in day light but not too great in low light conditions.

The camera also focuses very quickly and also has a burst photo feature which I find nice.

Battery lasts me all day and I stream Pandora all day.

No complaints here.

Also I get to have some kick ass wallpapers at this resolution.

I really like it.

However, I have nothing to share about the Z2 as I have no experience with it.

Hope I helped...

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Z3, its not plastic. And it has the better camera, and waterproofness. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz