So the at CES this year thermaltake had a both at which they presented the Core X series.  The most awesome one of which IMHO was the Thermaltake Core X9 (http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Chassis/Mini_Case_Cube_Case_/Core/C_00002562/Core_X9/Design.htm).  Something that really stands out about this case is the ability to combine more than one of them together, almost like the HAF series from Cooler Master.  I've been looking for a case that would hold everything and its mother in one case,  and I can say I believe Thermaltake is stepping up and being the case we deserve.  One of them costs (as of 16/1/15)  170 USD on newegg as a preorder.  So 2 will be 340 but you can break that investment up into 2 separate occasions and I think that this case is very likely to pull ahead because of its no compromises approach to existence.  Let me know what you think.

Reference and Resource

The Guru of 3D giving a little bit of consolidated info on the case: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/thermaltake-core-x1x2x9-stackable-liquid-cooling-ready-cases.html

TweakTown got a review sample:http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6912/thermaltake-core-x9-atx-cube-chassis-review/index.html

Thermaltake has a product video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHaAb-M3aE

looks ugly IMO...

mesh front...

top and side vents...

plastic...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The three 5.25 cut outs in the front... why oh god why. 

Yeah it looks cheap, but I don't mind the design that much.  It's just.. those front bays.. I don't even.

Also I doubt it will be as expensive as A 900D

I dunno - they're not really my style, though I kinda like the fact that it exists. Stacking cases always sounds cool, but I've never thought of a genuinely practical reason for it. Only ever really for a "because you can" moment. Haha.

Oh, and the HAF series is Cooler Master, not Corsair.

No it might be a killer but it ugly as shit

I personally don't think that this can compete with either 900D or anything Caselabs, simply due to the lower build quality. Also, I personally find it pretty ugly :P

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I like what Thermaltake is trying to do with the idea of full modularity. Even though this attempt looks just weird.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I personally don't think that this can compete with either 900D or anything Caselabs, simply due to the lower build quality. Also, I personally find it pretty ugly :P

Well its also worth note that this case has an MSRP of only  170, half of the 900D and like a 5th of a case labs case.  So you pay for the extra build quality.

I dunno - they're not really my style, though I kinda like the fact that it exists. Stacking cases always sounds cool, but I've never thought of a genuinely practical reason for it. Only ever really for a "because you can" moment. Haha.

Oh, and the HAF series is Cooler Master, not Corsair.

Thank you, fixed it.

The three 5.25 cut outs in the front... why oh god why. 

Yeah it looks cheap, but I don't mind the design that much.  It's just.. those front bays.. I don't even.

Also I doubt it will be as expensive as A 900D

I completely agree, the 5.25 bays can be removed on the inside (I plan on removing them) and I dont like the brick-y look on the front so I plan on making a modded front panel.   This case is also supposed to sell for about 170 MSRP, so about half of the 900D.

looks ugly IMO...

mesh front...

top and side vents...

plastic...

Yea I'm not a fan of the plastic either but seeing as its half the price of the 900D I think I'll be able to live with it.  The mesh front is disgusting.  I personally plan on making a modded front panel, probably something without drive bays.

Its the width that make this case so good. Not many cases can fit 3x 480mm rads without sacrifying anything else.

If you are willing to mod, so should it be able to handle 6x 480mm rads.

It can also hold Thermaltakes own 4*140 rad if you stack 2 on  top of each other, and I think that that's kinda funny.  It's the only case it fits in.

It can also hold Thermaltakes own 4*140 rad if you stack 2 on  top of each other, and I think that that's kinda funny.  It's the only case it fits in.

You can fit any rads that are upto 590mm long inside 1 case.

If you stack, so can you fit a 950-1000mm long rad in front.

Meaning there is no water coolers on the market you cant get into a Core X9 or 2.

It's just.. those front bays.. I don't even.

2 front bays till a water reservoir and the last to a fan controller.

So it does make sence from a building standpoint.

But yeah, just as they plan on selling extra side doors, so should they sell extra front panel without front bays.

It would be even better if we where able to only order the doors and front panel we wanted right away, instead of wondering where we should stash the extra once.

Def not caselabs killer...

The build quality...

It's plastic...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."