My overly abused headset died, need a replacement

Carde

Well 2 years and 7 months was all the abuse my Sennheiser PC 360 could handle, after tugging the cable so many times, driving over it with my chair just about daily and tripping over the darn wire itself at least once a month I guess I cannot blame it.

It does leave me with the question, what to get now, I could just get a new one they are still sold, but times haven't been standing still and it seems there are more options out there these days. One of the reasons I brought this one was its great all around use, it works great in games, but has no issues with music or film either as both are something I make use of frequently.

I don't have any fancy sound card installed, just onboard audio as it works fine enough for me. Budget wise I am looking to keep it sub 250Eur, but can stretch to 300. (If you look at USD prices just assume they are the same in euro due vat and all).

So the real question is it worth to buy anything else or just get the same unit again.

O and skip anything wireless, I may trip over wires I still prefer them :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Well 2 years and 7 months was all the abuse my Sennheiser PC 360 could handle, after tugging the cable so many times, driving over it with my chair just about daily and tripping over the darn wire itself at least once a month I guess I cannot blame it.

It does leave me with the question, what to get now, I could just get a new one they are still sold, but times haven't been standing still and it seems there are more options out there these days. One of the reasons I brought this one was its great all around use, it works great in games, but has no issues with music or film either as both are something I make use of frequently.

I don't have any fancy sound card installed, just onboard audio as it works fine enough for me. Budget wise I am looking to keep it sub 250Eur, but can stretch to 300. (If you look at USD prices just assume they are the same in euro due vat and all).

So the real question is it worth to buy anything else or just get the same unit again.

I have a set of TurtleBeach X12 and it has taken a lot of abuse of the 2 years i have had it. They are also pretty cheap and very good sound quality.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

What about a Audiotechnica ATH M50 + Snowball or Modmic (if you don't want a standalone mic).

If I were to upgrade, I would love that.

You could even get a arm for the Snowball.

I can't think of any good headsets or whatever.. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What about a Audiotechnica ATH M50 + Snowball or Modmic (if you don't want a standalone mic).

You could even get a arm for the Snowball.

I can't think of any good headsets or whatever.. 

I don't have the room for a desk mic and I don't want more clutter on my desk hence my desire for a headset.

OP, that's like spending $100 on a headset every year. :mellow:  It's supposed to last way longer than that for the money. An investment, not a subscription. But you'd probably be fine with any brands/models you buy in that range.

Why would you get the M50? Everyone says the M40x is the same thing as the M50/M50x and you save $39.

I have a set of TurtleBeach X12 and it has taken a lot of abuse of the 2 years i have had it. They are also pretty cheap and very good sound quality.

I burned through 3 pairs of X12s in a year and a half, the headband kept snapping in the same spot. I wouldn't get one unless you're very gentle with your equipment.

[witty signature]

OP, that's like spending $100 on a headset every year. :mellow:  It's supposed to last way longer than that for the money. An investment, not a subscription. But you'd probably be fine with any brands/models you buy in that range.

Why would you get the M50? Everyone says the M40x is the same thing as the M50/M50x and you save $39.

Dem looks man. And the M50 has some reputation

I burned through 3 pairs of X12s in a year and a half, the headband kept snapping in the same spot. I wouldn't get one unless you're very gentle with your equipment.

I don't get it with people breaking Turtle Beach headsets.

I have a P11 for over 1 and a half year and it hasn't broken. I only dropped it a few times.

It's better quality than those 20 dollars Trust headtsets

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Vmoda M100 + boom mic pro? I'll be surprised if you could easily break it easily, it's really tough

Whats the story wit the Vmoda M100, if seen it mentioned by you and other quite a few times. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Whats the story wit the Vmoda M100, if seen it mentioned by you and other quite a few times. 

It's a very good headphone for bassheads. I owned it for a week before returning them, simply because the sound signature isn't for me. But otherwise, the build is great, you don't need amp for it and it folds to a pretty small form factor

It's a very good headphone for bassheads. I owned it for a week before returning them, simply because the sound signature isn't for me. But otherwise, the build is great, you don't need amp for it and it folds to a pretty small form factor

Ooh, sounds good, ill have to try get my hand on a pair to try. Thanks :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Decided to go with the Sennheiser G4ME One Zwart, a slight step up from the PC360 and keeping a good all round useability unlike the Zero. Went through a fair bunch of reviews and I have to be honnest I am biased to Sennheiser (headset and headphones just personal experience) so I kind of picked it from their range.

Should arrive tomorrow so I can test them out.

For the mic mods and desktop mics neither of those suits me fine, I mean my PC is already enough jury rigging for me and my desk is way to full to house a desk mic in any non intrusive location.

Thanks for the tips and here is hoping I am more careful with these :P