PU Leather vs Velour pads: Sound Quality

PlayModeOn

Instead of taking off the tape you can just poke a hole in it or "drill" with a pen or screwdriver.

Sorry if my words confused you.

That only serves to destroy the tape and make the mod less reversible.

I have a pair of Audio-Technica M30x' and just got a pair of memory foam and valor ear pads for them the other day.

The base is lessened a little when compared to the fake leather ones that came with it and there is a little more noise seeping in from the outside world.

The difference is enough to be noticed if you listen for it but not that much.

Honestly, it felt more like my volume had been turned down more than anything.

Turning the volume up a little made everything sound almost exactly like before.

These are the memory foam pads I just got:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDX4YO/

(Also available in  puleather)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MFDT894/

That only serves to destroy the tape and make the mod less reversible.

Well I wanted it permanent. Only one hole.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

Ok I recieved the PU Leather pads, first off sound isolation is much better, night and day difference. You can hear much less of the outside world and the sound won't leak too much from your headphones.

Sound quality though there is no difference, maybe slightly deeper bass but I cannot tell.

But the sound isolation is a big plus for me.

I have a pair of Audio-Technica M30x' and just got a pair of memory foam and valor ear pads for them the other day.

The base is lessened a little when compared to the fake leather ones that came with it and there is a little more noise seeping in from the outside world.

The difference is enough to be noticed if you listen for it but not that much.

Honestly, it felt more like my volume had been turned down more than anything.

Turning the volume up a little made everything sound almost exactly like before.

Not the case at all (in my experience), I used the same songs and same volume and EQ and it sounded the same.

It really depends on the headphones I guess.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU