"Star Citizen is too Ambitious"

brockelley

Honestly the dog fighting is the last thing I care about.. I'm in it for the persistent world, protecting cargo, salvaging derelict ships.. the whole bit.

I also mainly want the PU but i'd much rather they took their time with it, but then again I'm having a lot of fun with the dog fighting, even though I'm terrible at it.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I like that whenever someone says exactly that about DayZ, everyone go apeshit and call Rocket and Bohemia a massive scam. 

Double standards near femnazi levels.

It's only a double standard if the same people defend one while berating the other.  I give not a single Shit about Day Z so I'm fairly sure I'm not perpetuating a double standard :P .

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

I think they may have a tad unrealistic time frame. And as I am not a backer, my opinion isn't biased. I think it will be done done in late 2017-2018, rather than late 2016.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I like that whenever someone says exactly that about DayZ, everyone go apeshit and call Rocket and Bohemia a massive scam. 

Double standards near femnazi levels.

THIS

Gaming since 97, aka the Almost No Longer a Noob Squad

I think they may have a tad unrealistic time frame. And as I am not a backer, my opinion isn't biased. I think it will be done done in late 2017-2018, rather than late 2016.

I hope not. I know a lot of people that would see that as a cash grab

cash grab

You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means

There have been half a dozen articles talking about how RSI could continue to push the release date back to 2020 because people will continue to buy it even if it only consists of unfinished modules.

You might think that it's not a cash grab, and that's totally fine. But I'll ask you not to question my intelligence just because you don't agree with me.. I'd hate to have a conversation with a useless human being.

There have been half a dozen articles talking about how RSI could continue to push the release date back to 2020 because people will continue to buy it even if it only consists of unfinished modules.

You might think that it's not a cash grab, and that's totally fine. But I'll ask you not to question my intelligence just because you don't agree with me.. I'd hate to have a conversation with a useless human being.

No need to get combative I was just questioning the way you used that term over and over and over. 

I hope not. I know a lot of people that would see that as a cash grab

The game is not scheduled for release in late 2016. There is no release schedule for the game at all, there is for the Alpha. Alpha of the game is expected in LATE 2015/Early 2016, this has been confirmed. Alpha of the game is expected to last at least a year then beta is going to last 1-2 more years. They are not misleading about this at all, as a backer and someone who keeps track of development there is HUGE amounts of work they have to show for it, they just don't put it in trailers and gameplay videos they put it in their blogs on the RSI website. Especially if you're a subscriber you get a much more in depth look at the current development. They have an internal alpha, a closed alpha and a public alpha at the moment. What you SEE currently is a small part of the game that actually exists.

If you think all there is at the moment is Arena commander and a few things they have showed off at events, you are quite mistaken. They have already talked about how their first episode of Squadron 42 is nearly complete and the persistent universe is being designed with many parts with actual prototype development happening at this very moment. There is a shit ton of content that CIG release about the development, it's a full time job to go through all of it and obviously you haven't even tried.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

The game is not scheduled for release in late 2016. There is no release schedule for the game at all, there is for the Alpha. Alpha of the game is expected in LATE 2015/Early 2016, this has been confirmed. Alpha of the game is expected to last at least a year then beta is going to last 1-2 more years. They are not misleading about this at all, as a backer and someone who keeps track of development there is HUGE amounts of work they have to show for it, they just don't put it in trailers and gameplay videos they put it in their blogs on the RSI website. Especially if you're a subscriber you get a much more in depth look at the current development. They have an internal alpha, a closed alpha and a public alpha at the moment. What you SEE currently is a small part of the game that actually exists.

If you think all there is at the moment is Arena commander and a few things they have showed off at events, you are quite mistaken. They have already talked about how their first episode of Squadron 42 is nearly complete and the persistent universe is being designed with many parts with actual prototype development happening at this very moment. There is a shit ton of content that CIG release about the development, it's a full time job to go through all of it and obviously you haven't even tried.

MMM sorta is

Star Citizen

Approximate date: End 2016.[3][33][34][35]

Star Citizen will feature a persistent universe. [36]

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_Release_Schedule

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

You're looking at very outdated information. They update the schedule every few months. I believe the last update was @ Pax Australia. I know for a fact that is outdated.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Just gonna ignore everything about it until it comes out, if its successful that's great, we get a flagship PC game for the next generation, if it doesn't...well I'll be sad, but I won't feel like I lost alot of money.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

They have over 250 extremely talented developers working on this, some of which are among the most experienced developers on planet Earth. I'm not worried. And even if it does launch with bugs or less content, it's an online game that'll continue to be worked on for years. They're not doing sequels, they're just going to keep on building on top. And that's enough for me.

And all I need to be happy is to fly my Idris with my mates anyway.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

obviously I haven't tried? why do you say that? did you read my post? Just because I haven't linked the most up to date release table doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about

You're looking at very outdated information. They update the schedule every few months. I believe the last update was @ Pax Australia. I know for a fact that is outdated.

Do you want to add to this conversation or are you only here to belittle people>?