Do you build for money?

Aaanum1

I have thought about doing personal builds for money. Obviously I won't be one of those people who charge A TONNE for a build. Does anyone here have any experience?

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

I have only built personally and done work for friends but I'm thinking of starting something

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

I've only done builds for myself and friends. I have repaired computers though.

Also, most companies want OEM computers (sadly) and you won't be able to convince them otherwise.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Sadly I have tried to do this myself. I had a few friends buy computers from me and 3 companies. Sadly when the companies failed to expand and then failed in general so did mine as most larger companies want oem's or they have in house people to do their corporate builds. good luck maybe it will work better for you in your area.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

I would like to start something. Not particularly for profits though, mostly as a hobby.

I wouldn't even try, it sounds fun but probably isn't that great, and it's a poor business model to begin with (1) few customers seek out others to build them a custom PC (most custom builds are DIYers...it's not that difficult these days, especially if you have a screwdriver), (2) little money to be made unless you have the workshop to do case customization, and most importantly (3) there are many other skills to learn in the tech world, better off putting your efforts into a career.  

Building for family and helping friends out is one thing, but trying to sell it as a service (or even lending your time to help strangers/customers) is futile.

I wouldn't even try, it sounds fun but probably isn't that great, and it's a poor business model to begin with (1) few customers seek out others to build them a custom PC (most custom builds are DIYers...it's not that difficult these days, especially if you have a screwdriver), (2) little money to be made unless you have the workshop to do case customization, and most importantly (3) there are many other skills to learn in the tech world, better off putting your efforts into a career.  

Building for family and helping friends out is one thing, but trying to sell it as a service (or even lending your time to help strangers/customers) is futile.

I mean if I built a PC and charged £5 or so. I (personally) think some people who don't want to do it themselves or don't how to would find it useful.

Hello. Here are some words.

FX-8150, GTX 670, ASRock 990Fx Extreme4, 8Gb Patriot RAM, 1TB boot and Storage, Windows 7 64Bit

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/85.234.146.76:3062/

Once I've got myself a stable income again, I'd love to put aside $5000 and use it to build a tricked out PC then sell it for ~cost price (Perhaps a little profit).
Then start all over again! Just do it as a hobby.

I have far too much fun building PCs and I think I could come out with some pretty impressive designs.

But as part of my current job, I do build custom PCs.
Mostly $500 home/office use ones. Nothing fancy or fun. :(

Off and on for 13 years. When i went to college, that is how I paid all of my loans off. I now work for a Boyscout uniform company which I have been doing for the past almost 7 years, and on my free time I still do PC's for clients but not as much as I would like to, I do maybe 70 builds a year now. When i was in school, crap i did about 200-250 builds a year. At one point I was making $3,500 a week just building and repairing PC's.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I have thought about doing personal builds for money. Obviously I won't be one of those people who charge A TONNE for a build. Does anyone here have any experience?

I've built a few for friends for a nominal ~$50 fee.  Most people don't understand that time and expertise is worth money.  They'll gladly pay best buy $300 to do essentially nothing while being aghast that I want to be paid at all to do a better job.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yes, but no one yet has wanted a super gaming rig, mainly work related stuff (aka businesses). Usually request stable, solid, quiet, systems and powerful without braking the bank, most time is spent migrating apps and data/profiles.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.