Any good ways to protect Case Side Window?

Skcorpion86

I take my PC to my friends house a lot for LAN parties and such. And right now i have a Coolermaster HAF 932, its big and very heavy. Thats why i'm getting a Corsair 350D Soon. It would just make life easier if i had a small case. Anyway, my side window has a few scratches on in from transporting it so much. Scratches that are very annoying to me and there is no way they will not go away. 

When I get my new case, i want to to be in great condition always. So are there is a way to protect the side panel window from scratches and fingerprints? 

I know cases come with a cover for the windows when you first get them, but seems to me that they have air bubbles. Plus there is the fear of it coming off since they are made to come off anyway.

I need something like a phone screen cover. Something that's is easy to see through, and protects your window. And will pretty much stay on until you want to take it off. But, can i get a protector to cover the whole window? Do they even make them that big?

I just don't know much about this right now, and i'm hoping some of you guys can help me. Thank you in advance.

I would try and cut a bit of plastic protection film or something and shape it to the window it would be nice if companies started selling things to protect the side panel though :3 

Maybe tape foam to the side of the case, dont use very strong tape as it might rip the paint off.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They sell cut your own phone screen protectors, you may just be able to find one big enough.

Seran wrap or however it is spelled.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Seran wrap or however it is spelled.

I don't think it would work, I think it would be too easy for it to come of. I need something sticky on one side, that ways it will stay put on the case window

I would just buy a large laptop screen protector and cut it to fit the window. I have a cover on my C70 that comes with the case and there's less to no bubbles and I barely see them. But if the cover peels, I would probably get some transparent tape to prevent it from peeling.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just wrap it in your bed's comforter or blanket. That's what most people I know do, just don't use your superman blanket :P

Seriously, don't spend money on something you have plenty of at home, you can even go to the local cheap-o store and buy a new blanket just for it if you want to customize it just for your case.

If you've ever moved you have seen those "furniture protectors" aka quilts, same as a blanket except the moving ones stink from who ever used it last.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Don't remove the plastic cover that is already covering the side panel? lol

Or you could use some protection film for laptops, but you'll need a few sheets. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Laptop screen protectors sound like a good idea. A friend told me ipad protector, same thing pretty much. I'll have to wait until i get the actual case to know the dimensions of the window, because I don't think i'll find it online. Unless somebody here has one and can tell me dimensions of the window. lol

Don't remove the plastic cover that is already covering the side panel? lol

This sounds like a good idea, but like i said. That cover is not put on very well and it's made to come off. So theres is a good chance that it will eventually fall off overtime from being transported