Best virtual desktop software?

Makaseo

Hey guys,

Looking for a good virtual desktop program. I'm trying out Dexpot at the moment and it seems pretty good so far, but is there anything better out there?

I've used Virtualbox for a while, only really intermittently use it, but give it a try.

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking to virtualize another instance of an OS. Maybe I used the wrong wording, but I'm looking for something to the same effect of Spaces in OSX, or Dexpot.

In my experiences a workspace program (that's what I call it, and most others as well) is actually detrimental on Windows 8 and like GNOME shell. However, when I did use one it was Dexpot and that seemed to be the best of the worst.

IT depends on what the host OS and guest OS are. For a windows host, you'll probably get the best performance out of VMWare

He is not looking for a Virtual PC software. The original poster is asking for a program that offers multiple desktops.

i like Oracle Virtual Machine, VMWare is also good, but i dont use that outside of training for security

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Virtual Dimension, VirtuaWin and Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager are all good options but Dexpot which you are already using i think is the best.

Does xfce count.
Funny, how about FluxBox or Gnome (2.0) or Fvwm (2.0 :D )

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.