ECS ELITE GROUP A990FXM-A motherboard. unboxing/review

rainbrodash666

so far I have not run the motherboard but I will update this review when I have a chance,

I chose this mobo because it was cheap and had 3 way crossfire/sli support and had good sized heatsinks of the power phases ad chipset.

so far the board seems well built, it is not flimsy like some boards, it does not sag or bend under its own weight, heatsinks seem well made, the colors are nice, I was a little disapointed that there are no onboard usb3 headers but I don't need them so it does not matter.

some of the I/O I missed the ps2 combo port and 2 usb 2.0

IMG089.jpg

a few pics of heat sinkw with u.s nickel for scale.

IMG087.jpgIMG086.jpg

pic of ram and board

IMG088.jpgIMG085.jpg

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

I trust ECS, I use alot of their producs, if they made an AMD gpu I'd use it.

well this board will soon have a FX6350 and a HD6850 in it. and that is an 8gb 1600mhz memory kit.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ECS still makes boards ? The last time i encountered them was 10 years ago :D

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Well they do nvidia cards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134154

Wow ECS still makes boards ? The last time i encountered them was 10 years ago :D

yeah, I have had several ecs boards, I think they have just gone low profile, but they are trying to gain market back. I have had 2 ecs lga775 boards also.

Spoiler

SO I have been running this board with a FX6350 and a HD6850 for a while and it runs great, I have my cpu at 4.51ghz 220 x 20.5 under a hyper 212+

I have noticed a few things with the vrm heatsinks you can not mount a hyper 212+ with the fan blowing up, the heatpipes hit the vrm heatsink.

the heatsinks keep the vrm and notrhbridge nice and cool as long as they get some airflow.

Spoiler