I have a bit of a potentially confusing question...

Whorax
Go to solution Solved by MegaDave91,

How about playing in a window instead of full screen?

Currently using my 32" 1080p TV to game on since my monitor is broken. Problem is, it makes me motion sick playing games like CS:GO because there's no FOV good enough for my TV.

Is there some sort of way to add black bezels in the screen so I can technically lower my display size on the TV to say 27" while still keeping a 1080p display? Does that make sense, or do I need to try to elaborate more?

Thanks a ton if you can tell me if there's a way to do this, and if there is, how.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

so basically you just want to make the game itself smaller?

maybe just try sitting further away?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Can you run the game in windowed mode? ninja'd

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

so basically you just want to make the game itself smaller?

maybe just try sitting further away?

That wouldn't work. I'm already sitting with my arms completely stretched out a far away from my desk as possible. Thankfully these guys told me about the simple solution of using windowed mode. Lol.

Can you run the game in windowed mode? ninja'd

Once again the LTT forum never fails me. I cannot believe I didn't think of that. Thanks guys.

Привет товарищ ))))

That wouldn't work. I'm already sitting with my arms completely stretched out a far away from my desk as possible. Thankfully these guys told me about the simple solution of using windowed mode. Lol.

Once again the LTT forum never fails me. I cannot believe I didn't think of that. Thanks guys.

i assumed you had already tried :P the input lag for certain games on window mode annoys me :P

glad you got help tho.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

i assumed you had already tried :P the input lag for certain games on window mode annoys me :P

glad you got help tho.

I've actually got another question though, and I figure I may as well ask you rather than create a new thread. When I set my resolution to 1920 x 1080, it doesn't fit my TV display. It's bigger. What's the cause of this? Would you happen to know?

Привет товарищ ))))

I've actually got another question though, and I figure I may as well ask you rather than create a new thread. When I set my resolution to 1920 x 1080, it doesn't fit my TV display. It's bigger. What's the cause of this? Would you happen to know?

is your tv not 1080p?

are you doing this in windowed? (although idt you can change res in windowed)

It's because TVs overscan their content unlike monitors. You need to compensate for this, the more ideal way is from the TV's internal menu, find Scan settings and change it to "Just Scan" or "1:1" or something like that. Otherwise, you can use the NVIDIA control panel:

NVIDIAscan.png

It's because TVs overscan their content unlike monitors. You need to compensate for this, the more ideal way is from the TV's internal menu, find Scan settings and change it to "Just Scan" or "1:1" or something like that. Otherwise, you can use the NVIDIA control panel:

NVIDIAscan.png

(((((BEST ANSWER)))))

;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

The issue I see with that is he wants to adjust the game size, not desktop size.

Of course, you can revert when you're finished playing, but it would be easier if you played in windowed mode.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ