Phantom Glass - Worth the Cost?

TheElt

I've been looking into screen protectors for my SP2 ever since I bought it because I don't like having any screen un-protected, and with all the praise I've heard from them I decided to look at what Phantom Glass had on offer.

With shipping and import charges added on, it'll cost me about 60CAD/£34 to get one over to the UK, but is it worth it?

So my question is, how good are PGs screen protectors, and is it worth the cost?

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Yep, its the last screen protector you will ever need unless you take it off and lose it, or get a new phone that it doesn't work with.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Since you are in the UK I would recommend you get a Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass screen protector instead since it is the exact same product and I have it on my HTC One M8. From what Linus describes the Phantom Glass this screen protector has the same features and costs (at least for my phone) £10.

With shipping and import charges added on, it'll cost me about 60CAD/£34 to get one over to the UK, but is it worth it?

IMO for 60 bucks no. 

"Rawr XD"

Yep, its the last screen protector you will ever need unless you take it off and lose it, or get a new phone that it doesn't work with.

How easy are they to apply? I'm mainly worried about how it'll cope with the stylus the SP2 has since I've seen cheaper ones get damaged from it.

Since you are in the UK I would recommend you get a Ultimate Shield Tempered Glass screen protector instead since it is the exact same product and I have it on my HTC One M8. From what Linus describes the Phantom Glass this screen protector has the same features and costs (at least for my phone) £10.

Thanks for the reccommendation, but after a quick search they don't make any for my device, which is a shame as they actually look quite good.

IMO for 60 bucks no. 

Any other ideas then?

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

How easy are they to apply? I'm mainly worried about how it'll cope with the stylus the SP2 has since I've seen cheaper ones get damaged from it.

Thanks for the reccommendation, but after a quick search they don't make any for my device, which is a shame as they actually look quite good.

Any other ideas then?

As linus has said before, its pretty much impossible to get a bubble under it as its a sheet of gorilla glass, and you can remove it and re apply it multiple times if needed, though after multiple removals the adhesive may begin wearing out, just be sure to clean the screen before putting it on and you should be fine.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

As linus has said before, its pretty much impossible to get a bubble under it as its a sheet of gorilla glass, and you can remove it and re apply it multiple times if needed, though after multiple removals the adhesive may begin wearing out, just be sure to clean the screen before putting it on and you should be fine.

Might just pay the extra and go for it then, thanks!