Monitor or TV?

Tenge500

I'm hesitant about this. The monitor I'd like to buy costs $150 and the TV is only $190. $40 diff.

So which one would be worth it? The TV has up to 100hz refresh rates whereas the monitor only has 60hz.

Both are 1080p, 24". Which would be better for gaming? Monitor or TV?

I'd go monitor as its cheaper.

But currently I don't care about the $40 diff. I'd like to go for what's best. The best gaming experience I mean.

The tv doesn't actually have 100hz afaik its like faking it cant go into detail as i dont actually know specifically. The monitor would be better it has a higher ppi and waaay less input lag.

Monitor, TVs have input lag because they put on a whole bunch of color stuff.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The tv doesn't actually have 100hz afaik its like faking it cant go into detail as i dont actually know specifically. The monitor would be better it has a higher ppi and waaay less input lag.

What do you mean by input lag?

What do you mean by input lag?

Input lag is the time it takes the display to react to your action on the controller/mouse or keyboard. I dont know if u have ever experienced it but its like when u press A on your controller and there is a delay before your character in the game does the action. basically everything has input lag but some high some have low and a monitor should have less.

The TV has a true refresh rate of 60hz and presumably more input lag than the monitor, meaning that things will happen on the screen much later than when you moved your mouse.

I'm hesitant about this. The monitor I'd like to buy costs $150 and the TV is only $190. $40 diff.

So which one would be worth it? The TV has up to 100hz refresh rates whereas the monitor only has 60hz.

Both are 1080p, 24". Which would be better for gaming? Monitor or TV?

Go for the monitor.

The TV will have been designed to display moving images, and not text as well, so you'll find that things could get blurry.

The 100hz (as far as TV is concerned) probably won't display 100hz from your video card, but will take a sample of frames, work out an in-between frame and display that to give you the 100Hz. Because of all this sampling and what not, it takes longer for a signal to get from your PC to being displayed. Which is fine on TV, as a few 10s to 100s of milliseconds of lag won't matter, but if you're gaming or even just moving the mouse around, it will be annoying.

Get the monitor and I'm sure there's some PCI card that will take a TV ariel input that you can buy if you want TV capability too.

Thank you guys. I got my answer. I'll get the monitor.

I would get the monitor. I have a samsung TV and the color using HDMI looks worse at 1080p. I have to set my monitor to 1680x1050 to fix the problem.

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black