Walking into the Unknown , my first build and had to ask......

SteveySells101

Im wondering If I can ask for some assistance and a little knowledge as im not that techy... Plus this is my first build.

Coolermaster CM690-II Lite Dominator Case

Coolermaster GX 750W Power Supply

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366)

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit - x 6

Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 ( Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

AKasa Ak-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan - 34 pin

Prolimatech Megahalums Rev B CPU Cooler

Apart from TB HDD`s and surround speakers and monitor and such thats it.

My problems are these.

1 - It was working fine for Months but then all of a sudden I left my system for half an hour came back and it had froze. I reset the machine and the error  USB Over Current Status error your machine will turn off in 15 seconds. Ive never seen this before so i waited for it to turn off. I powered the machine again and once more happened , it did this twice and then never even turned on again apart from around four seconds of activity. The Motherboard is now somewhere across the continent getting repaired I hope as Overclockers say it was the motherboard. Luckily it had 3 years warranty. What is this error how do u stop it happeneing.

2 - The set up I have was fairly costly to me, but is it a good set up, with your great knowledge is there anything better I could change. As I said im not a great techy where it comes to computers im average. Im non existent when it comes to water cooling so I never contemplated that, but the megahelums just drew me in, but i could never could get the damn thing fitted with the system i have for some reason it was just too tight. Even a local computer repair shop said the same , although Overclockers Uk said it should fit. Hmmm.

3 - Im just hoping for my first build and walking into the unknown i bought wisely. Thanks for taking time out to read this mundane article hope you can help.

Im wondering If I can ask for some assistance and a little knowledge as im not that techy... Plus this is my first build.

Coolermaster CM690-II Lite Dominator Case

Coolermaster GX 750W Power Supply

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366)

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit - x 6

Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 ( Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD

AKasa Ak-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan - 34 pin

Prolimatech Megahalums Rev B CPU Cooler

Apart from TB HDD`s and surround speakers and monitor and such thats it.

My problems are these.

1 - It was working fine for Months but then all of a sudden I left my system for half an hour came back and it had froze. I reset the machine and the error  USB Over Current Status error your machine will turn off in 15 seconds. Ive never seen this before so i waited for it to turn off. I powered the machine again and once more happened , it did this twice and then never even turned on again apart from around four seconds of activity. The Motherboard is now somewhere across the continent getting repaired I hope as Overclockers say it was the motherboard. Luckily it had 3 years warranty. What is this error how do u stop it happeneing.

2 - The set up I have was fairly costly to me, but is it a good set up, with your great knowledge is there anything better I could change. As I said im not a great techy where it comes to computers im average. Im non existent when it comes to water cooling so I never contemplated that, but the megahelums just drew me in, but i could never could get the damn thing fitted with the system i have for some reason it was just too tight. Even a local computer repair shop said the same , although Overclockers Uk said it should fit. Hmmm.

3 - Im just hoping for my first build and walking into the unknown i bought wisely. Thanks for taking time out to read this mundane article hope you can help.SSD

You might want to consider getting a SSD.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

You might want to consider getting a SSD.

that a solution for his Pc problems? lol maybe

CPU: i5 3570k @4.4Ghz 1.184v - MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - MEM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

GPU: EVGA GTX 560 - PSU: Corsair TX650v2 - Asus Sonar DG - Case: CM Storm Enforcer 

Cooler: Antec Kuhler 920 - HDD: WD Black 1TB - SSD: Crucial M4 64Gb (as cache)  B)