Permanent Cables Better Overall?

Gachr

I just wanted to share a little story about me and my (dis)luck to headphones.

I bought the Bitfenix Flo with detachable cables over a year ago, they were great but they broke, I made the cable jump out of them a few times - accidents.

The socket broke, I bought another cable but it didn't work. They are in a drawer since then.

I bought the CM Storm Ceres 500 about a half year ago. They are great, and the same happened but this one has got permanent cables. I just pushed them a little, and guess what? It worked!

maybe you should go wireless if youre so bad at taking care of your cables :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Get a real pair of headphones with a detachable cable and never have that problem again.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

maybe you should go wireless if youre so bad at taking care of your cables :P

Yeah, my next  headphones will be wireless for sure :D

Get a real pair of headphones with a detachable cable and never have that problem again.

Like what? And that's the cable difference between "real" and "not real" headphones?

Like what? And that's the cable difference between "real" and "not real" headphones?

99% of headsets sound bad, there are some that sound pretty good and have good build quality. I'd look at Sennheiser, AKG, or the like. They all have much better build quality and you can get aftermarket cables for some models that are braided to help prevent the cable from breaking.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

99% of headsets sound bad, there are some that sound pretty good and have good build quality. I'd look at Sennheiser, AKG, or the like. They all have much better build quality and you can get aftermarket cables for some models that are braided to help prevent the cable from breaking.

I went with Cooler Master because I love their support. The Bitfenix ones had really good build quality, it was my fault. And it wasn't the cable that broke, it was the socket.

Real as in they're made by a real audio company not the cheap junk Bitfenix has. It only broke because you didn't buy from an audio company. Bitfenix just chooses some cheap oem headphone and slap their branding on it.