Anonymous going after terrorist groups

dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd

Anonymous-Charlie-Hebdo-620x350.jpg

Hacker collective Anonymous promised to avenge the victims of the Charlie Hebdo attacks. 
As expected, they'll be focussing on taking down terrorist's websites (through DDoS as well as other means) and getting their social media accounts removed.

A local news site reports that Anon has already published a list of terrorist Twitter accounts and has urged Twitter to ban those, but it's all in Dutch and I haven't found confirmation in English yet.

Sources :

CNN

The Telegraph

The Independent

De Redactie (Dutch)

Thoughts :

TBH I saw it coming.  The whole freedom of speech thing suits Anon perfectly, so it made sense that they would respond.
Anon getting involved would be a good thing, as it would make it harder for terrorist organisations to brainwash and recruit people online.  However with them being a collective rather than a well-organized group, you never know how long this campaign will last before their attention shifts toward something else entirely.

Problem with Anon is that they don't really have a leader and can end up being real dickbags and take something else down next month. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Anonymous isn't scary at all, they either tell other skids to use their LOIC tool or use EZ-PZ amp scripts like SSDP, NTP, SNMP and DNS attack then they use SE methods to get Twitters taken down.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Nous sommes Charlie = We are Charlie

Just saying.

Also, would be interested in seeing what they would do.

But as @DildorTheDecent said, they don't have 1 leader and they are not very coordinated. I'll see how it goes.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm surprised the terrorists didn't see the Streisand effect coming. I had never heard of Charlie Hebdo before this. Now EVERYONE knows and has read some of their comics. They wanted to shut them up, they just made them more popular than they ever were. At the cost of people's lives of course.

Well, they got what they deserved I guess. Let the Streisand effect run wild.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I have a support-but-kind-of-not thing about Anonymous. I think that mass vigilantism is definitely a good thing, but not if it has a lot of collateral damage.

Good....they can actually do some good...nice. If there is any recruitment, please give me a buzz got my pick ax handle polished to bust some head open.....*blasted terrorists fucking up a good time and creating fear all over the frigging world* :angry:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

But as @Gofspar said, they don't have 1 leader and they are not very coordinated. I'll see how it goes.

But OP or I said that :(

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Problem with Anon is that they don't really have a leader and can end up being real dickbags and take something else down next month. 

Put a leader to something and it is easier to destroy.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

don't underestimate them 

They are script kiddies m8, not scared.

skid skid skid skid skid skid skid skid skid v skid skid  skid skid skid skid skid skid skid  skid

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

But OP or I said that :(

I'm sorry m8, did not see it and apparently that guy edited his comment.

Corrected myself <3 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm sorry m8, did not see it and apparently that guy edited his comment.

Corrected myself <3

<3 thanks.