Any recommendations on a device to connect to my TV?

Acek94

Hey guys, so my dad is looking for something to connect to his TV so he can watch Netflix and such. Now I suggested I built him a HTPC, but he said he doesn't want anything too expensive. So I'd like to hear from you guys what you think is a good option.

I did come across the Android TV box, is that any good?

Heya,

I got for my Parents, A WDTV, so they can catch up missed shows on bbc iPlayer and it has netflix (although, I have never personally tried it so i can't comment on how good it is). They also use it to stream films and TV series I have stored on a NAS I set up for them. It is very easy to use (My parents aren't very tech savvy but they can use it with ease).

Just a suggestion  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a good product, I've always loved their HDD's. But sadly, as I was about to tell my parents they were on their way to go and buy something. Sigh,  anyways, I appreciate the help. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like a good product, I've always loved their HDD's. But sadly, as I was about to tell my parents they were on their way to go and buy something. Sigh,  anyways, I appreciate the help.  :)

Hehe, no problem. Fingers crossed they find something decent  ^_^

Elven

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

It might be too late but a roku might be more suited for them if the just want to stream.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

apple tvs are 99 dollars they have netflix youtube and itunes and alot more that is your best choice 

it is also very compact and simple and the new ones have 1080p

i7-4930k   3xEvga gtx 780OC DC2 3gb    32gb corsair vengeance 2133mhz    asus rampage 4 extreme black  ~2 tb of ssd space

my speedtest 1932mbit down / 497mbit up  custom water cooled