sp2500

awesomes8wc3

yes or no

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

No. I don't suggest buying a subwoofer that's more expensive that the speakers. 
It's better to get a nice 2.0 system and then add a sub. :)

I have it and love it. Takes up very little space on your desk, while still giving a full sound.

No. I don't suggest buying a subwoofer that's more expensive that the speakers. 

It's better to get a nice 2.0 system and then add a sub. :)

The reason that the sattalites can be cheap and small is because the subwoofer does all the 'heavy' work.

The sattalites only have to play ~150hz and up. The sub is also expensive because it packs all the electronics.

The reason that the sattalites can be cheap and small is because the subwoofer does all the 'heavy' work.

The sattalites only have to play ~150hz and up. The sub is also expensive because it packs all the electronics.

If your music is bassy, then i guess it's ok to buy a big sub with cheap satellites.

Just like you said the satellites are for 150hz / 20.000hz, so it's the  more than 90% of the frequency that humans can hear. So you get cheap speakers for almost the whole range of frequency of your music, but you'll have nice bass.

Don't know... Some people like it this way... 

Some of my friends who had 2.1 system (logitech), really liked the sound of their systems until they tried a proper 2.1 system with good 2-way or 3-way speakers and a dedicated subwoofer. Yes, it's more expensive, but it's worth it.

That's my personal and my friends' experience. Once you'll get good speakers you'll never want to use satellites again (unless you don't have space on your desk.)

Some people just hate systems like this. I don't feel like listing all the audio equipment I have owned, and have used.

Yeah you could buy loads of other setups that would be better. That said for the price and what this offers is extremely good. 

I doubt you have even used these... They are far above any Logitech system. 

If your music is bassy, then i guess it's ok to buy a big sub with cheap satellites.

Just like you said the satellites are for 150hz / 20.000hz, so it's the  more than 90% of the frequency that humans can hear. So you get cheap speakers for almost the whole range of frequency of your music, but you'll have nice bass.

Don't know... Some people like it this way... 

Some of my friends who had 2.1 system (logitech), really liked the sound of their systems until they tried a proper 2.1 system with good 2-way or 3-way speakers and a dedicated subwoofer. Yes, it's more expensive, but it's worth it.

That's my personal and my friends' experience. Once you'll get good speakers you'll never want to use satellites again (unless you don't have space in your desk.)

The sattelites are so small because they don't have to do the low notes and the amplifier is in the sub.

3-way isn't always better than 2-way. I would't even say that the average 2-way (be it tweeter+woofer or sub+'fullrange') is better than the average 3-way.

(IMO) The only thing where a 3-way comes in handy is when you need to go really low or have a flexible setup (PA)

3-way with a sub (so 4-way) is totally not needed, only for marketing.

More expensive =/= better. The woofer is almost always more expensive than the tweeter because it needs to be bigger (material cost). It also needs a big enclosure, where as the tweeter doesnt.

I read somewhere that there is as much information above 300hz as ther is under it. So >150hz is a smaller part of the music than you might think (still important ofc :))

The sattelites are so small because they don't have to do the low notes and the amplifier is in the sub.

3-way isn't always better than 2-way. I would't even say that the average 2-way (be it tweeter+woofer or sub+'fullrange') is better than the average 3-way.

(IMO) The only thing where a 3-way comes in handy is when you need to go really low or have a flexible setup (PA)

3-way with a sub (so 4-way) is totally not needed, only for marketing.

More expensive =/= better. The woofer is almost always more expensive than the tweeter because it needs to be bigger (material cost). It also needs a big enclosure, where as the tweeter doesnt.

I read somewhere that there is as much information above 300hz as ther is under it. So >150hz is a smaller part of the music than you might think (still important ofc :))

Yeah, i've never said 3-way speakers are better than the 2-way speakers, but theoretically it should be better. 

Anyway, what i am saying is that the lower midrange all the way up to high frequencies, of the SP2500 is not that great comparing to some big/bigger speakers. 

I personally can listen to the music with very low bass, but if there is only bass then... it's just a beat.

Start with nice speakers (wharfedale 9.1 or some other speakers, depending on where you live)  with a nice amp and then add a subwoofer in the future. 

The imaging, detail, soundstage and overall performance will be much better. If you want to upgrade/change speakers then you'll just switch speakers, not the whole setup. 

It will be more expensive and difficult to set it up, but you'll have awesome sound quality ;)

the SP2500 is not that great comparing to some big/bigger speakers

The SP2500's are frikkin' huge. The whole point i'm trying to get across is that the sattelites are small and the sub is huge because that is how physics work.

Bookshelve or tower speakers are so big because they need to reproduce bass (low freq) too. Tweeters don't need any airspace at all because they produce high freq sound.

And indeed, the Corsairs are not the best speakers, but they are pretty good for their price. That they have a sub that CAN overpower the rest doesn't mean it DOES.