RAM XMP not recognized by motherboard

Hello all! I finished my new system not too long ago and I am slightly concerned about one little thing. My motherboard (a z77 from ASUS) is not supporting the XMP profile for my RAM (HyperX Fury). I swapped out that kit with an old 8GB kit from Corsair and the XMP was automatically selected for me. The problem with that is, my new RAM is a 16GB kit and it matches my system build. The FIRST thing I did was try updating the BIOS. So after flashing the BIOS (which went surprisingly fast) there was still no XMP selection in the UEFI.  :angry: 

So of course, I checked the BIOS version to be sure the flash had actually worked. Sure enough it did. So am I outta luck here? Obviously my manual doesn't specifically state that this model of RAM is supported, but the RAM didn't exist when this board was manufactured either. And there is a lot of support for different types of Kingston RAM. I guess it's not the worst thing in the world to be stuck at 1333Mhz, you could argue that I may lose latency due to higher clock speeds, but any help is appreciated as always. 

Thanks! Have a nice day!

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

you can set your ram speed manually and leave latency at auto

Welcome to the club. I barely managed to get my PC running after an XMP fail that caused memory issues. Just select XMP and then fill out the wrong numbers of the cas latency, speed and voltage and you'r done!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

You could always Google your exact RAM SKU and input the speed, latency & voltage yourself.

Tried that, ended in fried RAM sticks. Amazon was nice enough to replace them, however.

Your attitude determines 100% of your life's outcomes. Bad Attitude, bad life. Great attitude, great life.

Welcome to the club. I barely managed to get my PC running after an XMP fail that caused memory issues. Just select XMP and then fill out the wrong numbers of the cas latency, speed and voltage and you'r done!

XMP is not even a supported option when I use the HyperX RAM. I do get the option with the Corsair RAM, but not after the Kingston memory is replaced.

XMP is not even a supported option when I use the HyperX RAM. I do get the option with the Corsair RAM, but not after the Kingston memory is replaced.

Interesting... The thing is that there is no other option to doing this. The only thing left is to sell this kit and buy a new one, which is officially supported by your motherboard. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

have you asked the asus forums regarding this ?

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

have you asked the asus forums regarding this ?

Nope. I started here. Nice suggestion though.. heading that way now.

Kingston Fury does not support XMP, I bought a kit and realized that afterwards, but other than losing minor performance gain it should basically work at the rated speed no questions asked. 

Edit Sorry it auto corrected!

Edited by W-L

Kingston Fury does not support XMP, I bought a kit and realized that afterwards, but other than losing minor performance gain it should basically work at the rated speed no questions asked. 

Edit Sorry it auto corrected!

Duuuuuude! Thanks! I thought when it said it would auto overclock that it would have XMP. Now I know. I don't think I'm incredibly upset by this. The main reason I bought the RAM is because it looks great in my system. But maybe I will trade these out for some Savages instead  ;) 

Duuuuuude! Thanks! I thought when it said it would auto overclock that it would have XMP. Now I know. I don't think I'm incredibly upset by this. The main reason I bought the RAM is because it looks great in my system. But maybe I will trade these out for some predators instead  ;) 

Yeah when i was setting up I was like why is there no XMP option, what did I do wrong and found out later it wasn't supported, it doesn't make a big difference, but Kingston's Fury RAM should basically work almost every time at full speeds, without the need for any tweaking.