Acronis True Image HD

iccowan

Hello. The SSD that came with my computer came with an activation code for Acronis True Image HD and I'm just wondering what this is. Thanks!

It's software used to clone your old drive so you don't have to do a fresh install of windows on your old pc.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

harddrive cloning software

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: GTX Asus 760 CASE: Zalman Z11 Blue COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 STORAGE: 2TB Toshiba Hard Drive 120 GB SSD

Its an activation code for Acronis True Image HD

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

So if I'm just using it as a new SSD and not adding any files to it, there really isn't any other use for it?

So if I'm just using it as a new SSD and not adding any files to it, there really isn't any other use for it?

if you swtich hdds or an ssd you can clone the files on the other one.

or the ssd is meant to fail.

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: GTX Asus 760 CASE: Zalman Z11 Blue COOLER: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 STORAGE: 2TB Toshiba Hard Drive 120 GB SSD

if you swtich hdds or an ssd you can clone the files on the other one.

or the ssd is meant to fail.

Meant to fail??

Meant to fail??

Yes, so you would buy replacements

when some ssds include that, that means they will fail in like 2-9- months

just buy another ssd and use that activation.

Trust me, Acronis is nice software to have. Even if you don't use it to migrate data from your old drive to the ssd you bought, you will find use for it down the road.

- Alston

I use WD's version of Acronis True Image to create weekly backups of my OS and media drives. I backed up 130gb of data in about 10 minutes, and the image's filesize was about 80gb. The program is really useful not just for cloning but for backing up your data!

You can also partition, and make refresh states. So you can mess up your computer, but it get it back to a past state. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz