Creative SoundBlaster Play in Ubuntu

Hello there,

I'm somehow unable to find the search function for this forum :unsure:

I bough an Creative SoundBlaster Play! for my Laptop (Ubuntu 14.10, 64bit). The soundcard works almost. I can hear music i play but there is a huge gap between mute and the quietest volume setting. I can mute the music or i can set it to quiet loud or louder. Any idea?

Regards,

Orbifant

That's a USB sound card, it should work right away!

If you type in the console the command 'lsusb' it should show you the sound card there. Meaning it's actually working properly. So there is not much you can change about this regarding drivers and stuff.

On the Mint forums the bug is reported https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1354855 people agreed that the wrong dB measurements when you control volume are the device's fault and not something you can change with a driver change or utility apparently :S

That's a USB sound card, it should work right away!

If you type in the console the command 'lsusb' it should show you the sound card there.

t@[member=Ubuntu]:~$ lsusbBus 002 Device 004: ID 0c45:6415 MicrodiaBus 006 Device 002: ID 0d8c:0008 C-Media Electronics, Inc.

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, it's in there. I guess it's the C-Media device. I'll take a look at this bug.