Paint For the build !

xtasemusic

So i made a cutout on my NZXT H440.  Now since its the first time i use a rotary tool , I made some mistakes on the way , now im wondering what kind of paint I should use.

I believe im going to have to repaint all of the panels ( not going to do the interior. ) But what kind of black would match the H440, do you know any brands that do that well ? 

here is the cutout render :

post-120929-0-03508600-1420691594.png

That. Looks. Freaking. Awesome.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

That a picture of the cutout you did? or one you tried to do?

I'd go for plastidip.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

That a picture of the cutout you did? or one you tried to do?

I'd go for plastidip.

I did it already ! But i didnt post a pic yet since im going to make a build log with all the info !  Plasti dip sounds great but im a little worried about cleaning the outside since the texture of plasti dip catches lint/dust and is annoying to clean.

I did it already ! But i didnt post a pic yet since im going to make a build log with all the info ! Plasti dip sounds great but im a little worried about cleaning the outside since the texture of plasti dip catches lint/dust and is annoying to clean.

For paint I would use either Krylon or Rustoleum they both are great, for plasti-dip it works well but you will have to wipe away any finger prints or dirt that you may get into it since it tends attract dirt. The benefit of plasti-dip is it tends to go over any imperfections and hide them better with it's textured finish compared to paint, but also lacks some contact/abrasion since it is a rubber coating.

Wow man that looks cool i have the blue version of that case, great case! And yes plastidip is good or get it sent off to be powder coated? 

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Wow man that looks cool i have the blue version of that case, great case! And yes plastidip is good or get it sent off to be powder coated? 

powder coating would be too expensive IMO , and like W-L said plasti dip might better hide imperfections and trust me , there are some. I think im going to File the hell out of it until everything is perfect and then I will Find a good can of flat black as close as i can find to the original black and paint the front. if it matches , cool , if it doesnt , Ill paint all 4 other panels. Might mod the Plastic NZXT logo in the PSU cover too. Fill it with something and recarve the logo or my name in it. 

So i made a cutout on my NZXT H440.  Now since its the first time i use a rotary tool , I made some mistakes on the way , now im wondering what kind of paint I should use.

I believe im going to have to repaint all of the panels ( not going to do the interior. ) But what kind of black would match the H440, do you know any brands that do that well ? 

here is the cutout render :

From another post i made:

IMO, Plastidip is not really good for painting anything...here is the procedure i follow:

1. Scuff up/sand existing area if already painted or if raw metal, prep and apply chemical conversion coating
  2. Rinse with water and dry completely with clean, dry cloth
  3. Apply 1-2 coats of self-etching (if you didnt prep/chem convert before), epoxy-based or regular spray primer (automotive brands usually work best)
  4. Apply 2-4 coats of enamel or epoxy based spray paint, sanding (with 400-800 grit sandpaper) and wiping in between coats.

In terms of brands, there are several good ones out there:

• Rust-Oleum
  • Dupli-Color
  • VHT Paints
  • Krylon
  • 3M

I would use a matte black or a dark gray with a good amount of sanding to match that color. You can also powdercoat but it is more expensive but less time consuming. The inverse is true of painting it yourself.