The Ghost of Christmas Past

Wulfgar

Hi LTT! I was able to put together a build that I've been yearning for since 2011. It's a celebration of moving to a new state, a new job, and life in general! What you see now is just the first stage of it, my budget ran out after the current parts, I eventually want to get some LED lights inside the case, a custom water cooling loop, and possibly a second monitor in the future.

SPECS:

4790k cooled by Hyper 212 evo

EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 Superclocked

8GB Corsair VLP DDR3-1600 (adding more later)

Asus Maximus VII Formula z97

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe in white

Asus ROG Swift monitor (the whole build was centered around getting a hold of one of these)

Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

I also want to custom sleeve my own cables. That will be a good deal of work probably, but this build really deserves it.

Sorry for the lowish-quality pics, my HTC One m8 is the only camera I have atm.

Hope you enjoy, and stay warm!

post-21103-0-96438900-1420681400_thumb.jpost-21103-0-93850000-1420681402_thumb.jpost-21103-0-69813600-1420681405_thumb.j

-SNIP-

it looks sooo clean, can't say that about mine unfortunately...

As for custom sleeving if you have a lot of spare time you can do it all in a few days or spread it out in a couple of weekends, I've been slowly sleeving a PSU over the past few days, just be ready for sore fingers.  :(

at least 11/10 because it's not CoD - ign

but seriously, the cable management behind the mobo tray is really, really good.

As a bonus, the front is even better!  Nice work.

@Wulfgar

Nice build  but:

Just one Question how is the ROG swift?

i am considering buying one but don't know if I can justify the expense? 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

@Wulfgar

Nice build  but:

Just one Question how is the ROG swift?

i am considering buying one but don't know if I can justify the expense? 

If you're into very fast and smooth gameplay, this monitor is worth it. Playing FPS games is a lot easier on the eyes now, and even in the windows environment I can tell a large difference just from simple things like dragging a window around.

If you're into very fast and smooth gameplay, this monitor is worth it. Playing FPS games is a lot easier on the eyes now, and even in the windows environment I can tell a large difference just from simple things like dragging a window around.

@Wulfgar

How about games like dragon age>?

and  the colours which are my Main Concern

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

The colors seem to be very close to some IPS panels I've seen. This is a true 8 bit panel after all. The viewing angles are of course, typical TN, but when I'm playing a game at a high FPS I'm sitting up straight and looking at the monitor dead-on. Don't buy this monitor if you're looking for professional color work or for using it as a TV (although I've done this successfully since my bed is coincidentally at the same level as the monitor so I can lay down and watch netflix pretty well).

As for dragon age I'm not sure what the FPS cap on that game is. If it's anything like Skyrim which is hard-locked at 60fps then a monitor at more than 60hz will do nothing but cause engine problems. Otherwise, I do recommend 144hz gaming for nearly everything. You don't know what you're missing until you try it.

That's an overly expensive mobo if not doing a custom loop

Yes, which is why I specified in the original post that I'm saving up for watercooling. Expect to see an update in the future!

I am envious of your cable management.