Cheapest Possible Backlit Mechanical Keyboard

Go to solution Solved by 79wjd,

Cooler master Quickfire (rapid-i for TKL, ultimate/TK/other for non-TKL) probably 

Corsair K70 will likely be the next cheapest. And if you're willing to use Kailh switches, then a Thermaltake Poseidon Z/ZX will probably be the cheapest. 

So I was playing a cheeky wee bit of Minecraft today and I was thinking, it's getting to that time again, my keyboard is just about getting to its 10th birthday and clunky and ugly as hell, so I though 'hey!' Keyboards are pretty nice nowadays so why not pick one up. However my wallets is bracing itself for the pain of my new build so to prevent it from just spluttering up and dying, what is the cheapest, backlit mechanical keyboard I can pick up in Britain. And I mean cheapest!

Cheers

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

Cooler master Quickfire (rapid-i for TKL, ultimate/TK/other for non-TKL) probably 

Corsair K70 will likely be the next cheapest. And if you're willing to use Kailh switches, then a Thermaltake Poseidon Z/ZX will probably be the cheapest. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Cheers man

If you are going to use a keyboard to only play Minecraft, I suggest that you don't get one as they are some what pricy unless you do typing for work and stuff.

If you are going to use a keyboard to only play Minecraft, I suggest that you don't get one as they are some what pricy unless you do typing for work and stuff.

Nah man I do a lot of work in 3D modeling in several competitions as well as a lot of typing works (typing up essays and portfolios for my designs and school work)

Nah man I do a lot of work in 3D modeling in several competitions as well as a lot of typing works (typing up essays and portfolios for my designs and school work)

Thats gud, I know that mechanical keyboards are not primarily for gaming but I thought you were going to get a mechanical keyboard for only hardcore spam click PvP Minecraft since it would be a total waste. xD Even when not playing games, typing or just Goggling stuff is just great. :]

Thats gud, I know that mechanical keyboards are not primarily for gaming but I thought you were going to get a mechanical keyboard for only hardcore spam click PvP Minecraft since it would be a total waste. xD Even when not playing games, typing or just Goggling stuff is just great. :]

Oooo dayum hardcore MC PVP!

I have a Razer Blackwidow with blue switches, and it is great for Minecraft. 

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Goggling stuff is just great.

Goggling? :P

EDIT: There is a post about this KB on sale

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=103268&vpn=MGK1&manufacture=AZIO%20Corporation&promoid=1315

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Also the switches are kailh blues and not cherry. I never tried kailhs but most people say to stay away from them since they don't have as good consistency between each key. But, it should be fine if you really need to save money. Since you want the cheapest and best, I would probably just for the CM Storm TK and it's variants since it is very reliable. Your choice doe

Also the switches are kailh blues and not cherry. I never tried kailhs but most people say to stay away from them since they don't have as good consistency between each key. But, it should be fine if you really need to save money. Since you want the cheapest and best, I would probably just for the CM Storm TK and it's variants since it is very reliable. Your choice doe

Kailh Blues (Razer Greens) from my experience, in the PERFECTEST of the keys they will feel like Blues with a higher actuation point which is what they are. They are inconsistent though. Even Cherry has issues with this but Kailhs just have it more often and almost always from what I've seen.

Also, I have a Cooler Master Quickfire with Greens and cannot complain in the slightest about it.

Oooo dayum hardcore MC PVP!

My friend, I hope you haven't ordered a keyboard without checking the thread in my sig! ::P

Make sure you do your research on what switch you like. I almost bought a Cherry MX Brown keyboard around a year ago and luckily (well, not really) money ran tight and I had to ditch it. Little did I know that later, after I had tried all varieties of the common Cherry switches that browns would actually be my least favorite. I now use Greens. They are MUCH heavier, just as tactile and make a lot of noise!

That said, anything from Cooler Master in the keyboards range, even the cheap stuff is more than a safe bet.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||