Linus i want LinuxOS videos !

As i said in title i would like to see more linux videos from LinusMediaGroup. Benchmarks(dont know if i wrote it right) games on linux since more games are coming for linux and that would save some bucks since linux is free and if you do a video please include how to get ready for gaming in linux and stuff. Btw i would like to see more videos how new components perform on everyday windows partitions. And hey AMD cpus and gpus still exist?!! no matter who is the sponsor intel or asus

.. and my name is spelled f n i ((xh) like G) a

As i said in title i would like to see more linux videos from LinusMediaGroup. Benchmarks(dont know if i wrote it right) games on linux since more games are coming for linux and that would save some bucks since linux is free and if you do a video please include how to get ready for gaming in linux and stuff. Btw i would like to see more videos how new components perform on everyday windows partitions. And hey AMD cpus and gpus still exist?!! no matter who is the sponsor intel or asus

first they havnt done that much linux coverage because the diversity of the palatform all of the flavours also there is much less software for it making it difficult to review. Second nvidias drivers on linux are a b&$% so gpu showdowns arnt that great. And luke did a i switched a couple of years ago to ubuntu

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Problems with this suggestion is 1. People aren't that interested in Linux. And 2. The game argument is bullshit, it's been there for years.

Luke made a video a while back about ubuntu i think, so search for that. (as JEman said) 

Also, AMD cpus are inferior and they have plenty videos with both AMD cpus and gpus.  

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Problems with this suggestion is 1. People aren't that interested in Linux. And 2. The game argument is bullshit, it's been there for years.

Also, AMD cpus are inferior and they have plenty videos with both AMD cpus and gpus.  

Actually people are interested in linux ie me and many others and there are games steam os is on linux forcing valve to port games

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Actually people are interested in linux ie me and many others and there are games steam os is on linux forcing valve to port games

Go on Steam and check how many people use what OS, that'd probably transfer over to video views. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Though I would like to have linux videos too, I understand why they dont make them. There isnt enough of a market for it, and they have to get the most views and appeal to a wide range of people (and most people use windows), this is still their livelihood even if it is Youtube.

Go on Steam and check how many people use what OS, that'd probably transfer over to video views. 

i wasnt saying for them to do it i was just saying doing another i switched to ubuntu or mint would be nice 

also i am sure people who are more technically skilled are more familliar with linux other than android

and Steam haveing a gaming OS based off linux kinda makes them port games

Though I would like to have linux videos too, I understand why they dont make them. There isnt enough of a market for it, and they have to get the most views and appeal to a wide range of people (and most people use windows), this is still their livelihood even if it is Youtube.

Yes that is true but i would suspect people would view a linux review for some people would just like to learn

i wasnt saying for them to do it i was just saying doing another i switched to ubuntu or mint would be nice 

also i am sure people who are more technically skilled are more familliar with linux other than android

and Steam haveing a gaming OS based off linux kinda makes them port games

Sure but Drivers for Linux..... 

Yes that is true but i would suspect people would view a linux review for some people would just like to learn

People would but I just dont think that it is worth the time and effort for them with what they would get out of it.

Sure but Drivers for Linux..... 

only nvidias are bad 

i have a question have you ever used linux other than android/chrome os

amd drivers are great installs of other drivers are easy and fast nvidia is the problem as seen here

only nvidias are bad 

i have a question have you ever used linux other than android/chrome os

amd drivers are great installs of other drivers are easy and fast nvidia is the problem as seen here

Used Ubuntu and Mint. 

10/10 I'd rather pay for Windows. 

Luke made a video a while back about ubuntu i think, so search for that. (as JEman said)

People actually are switching to linux a loot at least here in my country so yeah people are interested as for amd most of the benchs are done in intel videos are 5-1 in favor of intel so yeah. Doesnt matter that amd hassent released a while something good but that is not fair my opinion

People actually are switching to linux a loot at least here in my country so yeah people are interested as for amd most of the benchs are done in intel videos are 5-1 in favor of intel so yeah. Doesnt matter that amd hassent released a while something good but that is not fair my opinion

They shouldn't be using the inferior product. It makes perfect sense. 

They shouldn't be using the inferior product. It makes perfect sense.

Most people doesnt have the budged that you have so yeah

Most people doesnt have the budged that you have so yeah

lol you're making it sound like i rake in cash that i can put exclusively towards pc parts... LinusTechTips isn't about affordable man...

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

bucvfw.png

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

bucvfw.png

nice one quoting wiki quotes ass

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Richard_Stallman

bottom is a cut and past of what you said also

linux is a operating system derived from unix but modified haeavily by linus torvads and gnu was added later and now there are many distros based on linux

lol you're making it sound like i rake in cash that i can put exclusively towards pc parts... LinusTechTips isn't about affordable man...

actually have you seen half the builds that people need help on under 600 usd

actually have you seen half the builds that people need help on under 600 usd

the channel, not the forum.

*older

No not really. Just worse. They still don't compare to the old Intel cpus ;)