Highest graphics for FX

Luhan

Whats the highest graphics for the 8350? For steam, mmo, and photography? I currently have a 750 ti

for steam

facedesk_by_eys123-d3120y1.png

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

any of them?

Yes, that can run a swift monitor

Yes, that can run a swift monitor

i dont think that a rog swift and a fx 8350 is really all that balanced, you should upgrade your rig to be better before getting a highen monitor like that, games will need more cpu power as we progress and the fx 8350 wont cut it at that high of a resolution

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

i dont think that a rog swift and a fx 8350 is really all that balanced, you should upgrade your rig to be better before getting a highen monitor like that, games will need more cpu power as we progress and the fx 8350 wont cut it at that high of a resolution

I recently got it a month ago because people over at tek syndicate said it was better than intel for future games

it depends on what price point you are talking about

wat u mean?

Whats the highest graphics for the 8350? For steam, mmo, and photography? I currently have a 750 ti

Steam? Too unspecific, actual game titles please

MMO? tbh 750 Ti is on the verge of being bottlenecked

Photo editing? Any GPU will be fine

"Rawr XD"

In the newer AAA titles and upcoming ones it'll be perfectly fine, but with anything more then a year old yeah it's a bit of a drag

"Rawr XD"

I recently got it a month ago because people over at tek syndicate said it was better than intel for future games

unless you had a really limited budget and could only spend $150 for a CPU, whoever told you that is very wrong.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8350 won't bottleneck. But it's much better to go for an i5, especially for gaming

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

unless you had a really limited budget and could only spend $150 for a CPU, whoever told you that is very wrong.

In the newer AAA titles and upcoming ones it'll be perfectly fine, but with anything more then a year old yeah it's a bit of a drag

I play unturned, warframe, tf2, planetside 2, dc universe, far cry, cod aw, csgo, dota. my budget overall was 500 

So you come to LTT forum, ask what to get, everyone tells you i5 even though you wanted the FX8 because of all deem corez. Then you go to Tek Syndicate just to get reaffirmed on what you wanted, so you essentially played $150 for FX4 performance. The highest end GPU I would pair with it is an R9 280/ GTX770. But man, just listen because you got screwed over when we tried to help you.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I play unturned, warframe, tf2, planetside 2, dc universe, far cry, cod aw, csgo, dota. my budget overall was 500 

k well then yeah thats pretty much the best CPU you could get at that price point...

just get the best performing GPU you can afford and it will work fine with your system

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So you come to LTT forum, ask what to get, everyone tells you i5 even though you wanted the FX8 because of all deem corez. Then you go to Tek Syndicate just to get reaffirmed on what you wanted, so you essentially played $150 for FX4 performance. The highest end GPU I would pair with it is an R9 280/ GTX770. But man, just listen because you got screwed over when we tried to help you.

i try to get it, but budget keep dropping, and had to wait for parents to get it

Honestly for those games you would have been better of with an FX6/i3 and a better GPU. However what's past is past and not going to continue hate on your CPU or the decision that you made, unlike some other people in this thread will. 

For games like TF2, PS2, Dota, etc. then I wouldn't run any more then a 270X-280 off of it since they're quite lightly threaded. However for games like Far Cry and COD AW then go nuts.

"Rawr XD"

i try to get it, but budget keep dropping, and had to wait for parents to get it

An i5 costs the same as an FX8.

No remorse. We told you what to do and laid out all of the facts. It's up to you to ultimately take or ignore our advice. I think you created 3+ threads asking what to do, and the answer every time, at every budget was Intel. Especially for those games.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I don't know why people keep recommending graphics over a 280 and 770 for a FX chip when tom' shard ware said the highest would be that range...

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

I think once you factor in cpu, motherboard, and cooler it cost the same

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Cost of processor is not the only thing to consider. For FX, you need a high end motherboard with at least 6+2 VRM phases. Not the case with Intel. An FX8320 + sufficient AM3+ Motherboard costs the same as an i5-4440 and H81/B85 Motherboard. Don't forget the $10+ in energy cost per year at stock, and you will likely need cooling as well.

I don't know why people keep recommending graphics over a 280 and 770 for a FX chip when tom' shard ware said the highest would be that range...

You can't just say highest GPU for FX chip out of the blue. Context is everything. In WoW, even a 270 would be bottlenecked in large matches. In Dragon Age Inquisition, grab your two 290s and enjoy.

I think once you factor in cpu, motherboard, and cooler it cost the same

never said anything about mobo or cooler

"Rawr XD"

You can't just say highest GPU for FX chip out of the blue. Context is everything. In WoW, even a 270 would be bottlenecked in large matches. In Dragon Age Inquisition, grab your two 290s and enjoy.

never said anything about mobo or cooler

So basically a FX wouldn't bottleneck a 290 is what your saying?

Off topic: What happen to your i5?

So basically a FX wouldn't bottleneck a 290 is what your saying?

Off topic: What happen to your i5?

In some games it wouldn't even bottleneck two of them. However this is quite a limited number of titles, and ones that were recently released, such as COD:AW, Dragon Age Inquisition, and The Crew.

I had an i5? If you meant my i7 920 rig, I gave it to my boyfriend for Christmas. 

"Rawr XD"

Cost of processor is not the only thing to consider. For FX, you need a high end motherboard with at least 6+2 VRM phases. Not the case with Intel. An FX8320 + sufficient AM3+ Motherboard costs the same as an i5-4440 and H81/B85 Motherboard. Don't forget the $10+ in energy cost per year at stock, and you will likely need cooling as well.

At stock speeds, you don't need a high-end motherboard with 6+2. 

"Rawr XD"