Lock up mirror and use only shutter?

For my t5i I want to have a "silent-ish" mode but of course, canon didn't include one

IS there a way to have the mirror lock up and only the shutter move to capture images? 
I know this may not be available (on ML either) because of the obvious reason that you cannot see through the viewfinder, nor the screen with live view 

Any way?

Canon T5i/700D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

For my t5i I want to have a "silent-ish" mode but of course, canon didn't include one

IS there a way to have the mirror lock up and only the shutter move to capture images? 

I know this may not be available (on ML either) because of the obvious reason that you cannot see through the viewfinder, nor the screen with live view 

Any way?

Canon T5i/700D

no, you cannot turn it into a mirror less camera, that would be insane

and yeah you would not be able to frame shots

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's not possible the focal-plane shutter gets spanned by the mirror mechanic.

xxD and xD can move the mirror and shutter independently, but ML gets (maybe) a feature called full-res silent pictures, which takes pictures without mirror and shutter actuation.

That's not possible the focal-plane shutter gets spanned by the mirror mechanic.

xxD and xD can move the mirror and shutter independently, but ML gets (maybe) a feature called full-res silent pictures, which takes pictures without mirror and shutter actuation.

Aw okay

I didn't know that the mirror was related to the shutter movement

Yeah I used the silent no movement mode but it's really shake and noisy

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!