Corsair H110i is here (finally)

Humbug

i think it looks nice. the only thing that bugs me is that they still use a aluminium radiator. WHY U NO USE COPPER .

Yeah, I would personally expect copper at this price, but- *mmmmmmm* *shrugs*

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I always thought the H100i was so good looking.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

This is worse than Corsair H110.

The radiator is thinner (27mm vs 29mm), fans are rounded design instead of square, non Asetek design which means you cannot use this on an NZXT G10 GPU bracket.

Corsair hg10 is better anyways and it works with that

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I'm missing the 3rd point of failure here.

two fans and the pump

A fan failure is not catastrophic right? It will not damage your CPU, just cause temperatures to rise....

A pump failure; I guess that would cause temperatures to rise so fast that your CPU could be damaged?

Corsair hg10 is better anyways and it works with that

It is not better as you are lock down to a specific graphics card or else the Corsair HG10 will not work.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

I plugged in my H100i to Corsair Link to set the color of the LED, then unplugged it. I would do the same with this, but it doesn't fit in the 250D...

It is not better as you are lock down to a specific graphics card or else the Corsair HG10 will not work.

... What?

A fan failure is not catastrophic right? It will not damage your CPU, just cause temperatures to rise....

A pump failure; I guess that would cause temperatures to rise so fast that your CPU could be damaged?

CPU just shuts off once it hits the Tjmax which varies between generations. Haswell cuts out at 102°, so you can't just damage your CPU by overheating it.

CPU just shuts off once it hits the Tjmax which varies between generations. Haswell cuts out at 102°, so you can't just damage your CPU by overheating it.

So even if i remove my heatsink completely and run a bare CPU- it will shut down fast enough to prevent damage?

Well and now Noctua is gonna get spanked by this.

Not really, considering that baby is gonna be $200+ 

I want one though.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I bet the performance difference from the H100i will be almost non-existent.

Yeah it's just for Link and LEDs IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the h110i, and my gaaaawwwd! Is it bloody loud!

Even on it's Silent preset, it's got a very audible hum, I just don't like. I think I was spoiled by my 2013 Mac Pro. :(

Currently have it in an NZXT 440; which Only fits with the fans up top, as the radiator is a tad too long to be screwed on otherwise.

It's cool, even at 15 minutes under Asus Realbench at 100%, with my 5820k clocked to 4Ghz, it only topped out at 45 degrees celcius.

It's just the noise, gah.

Note: Corsair Link sucks so much.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The new square design is awful.  I would rather buy from swiftech or nzxt. 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

odd according to this review the h110i gt seems to be doing well http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h110i_gt_review,12.html

I am sure it does well. But it's probably very loud just like the H110 is. I have the H110 and it's extremely noisy.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Looks great. As quiet as the Noctua air coolers, with far superior cooling performance.

THIS is how quiet they are?! How can this be quiet.... Ugh. My unit on it's silent preset must be far louder than the 36dBA they recorded. 

It's the noisiest computer I've ever had, and it's rather off putting. Even my cats stare at it wondering just what's going on with the noise.

Gawd help anyone that sets it to Performance mode, it sounds like it's about to fly out the window then. I can hear it downstairs in my house.

THIS is how quiet they are?! How can this be quiet.... Ugh. My unit on it's silent preset must be far louder than the 36dBA they recorded. 

It's the noisiest computer I've ever had, and it's rather off putting. Even my cats stare at it wondering just what's going on with the noise.

Gawd help anyone that sets it to Performance mode, it sounds like it's about to fly out the window then. I can hear it downstairs in my house.

Don't set it to performance mode, or even balanced mode. Keep it at the default as recommended by Guru3D.

Don't set it to performance mode, or even balanced mode. Keep it at the default as recommended by Guru3D.

Someone didn't read my posts fully. I have it at Silent and Default, and both are obnoxiously loud already. I mentioned the others as points of reference as even Guru3d didn't even bother to measure the levels for them.

Note: The pump doesn't have a default setting. It's Quiet mode, or Performance, and it audible when set to performance.

post-121951-0-49349100-1423651962.png

post-121951-0-49349100-1423651962.png

Someone didn't read my posts fully. I have it at Silent and Default, and both are obnoxiously loud already. I mentioned the others as points of reference as even Guru3d didn't even bother to measure the levels for them.

Note: The pump doesn't have a default setting. It's Quiet mode, or Performance, and it audible when set to performance.

I read a couples of reviews. All say the H110i GT is very quiet. Maybe your ears are special, or all the reviewers are liars.

I read a couples of reviews. All say the H110i GT is very quiet. Maybe your ears are specially, or all the reviewers are liars.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by workstations like the 2013 Mac Pro. Only when those were at 100% for over 2 hours could I hear them, and they sound like my H110i GT sounds on Quiet & Default.