Too many computers.. Help..

Lolzious

Hello,

So I have quite a lot of computers, and I'm honestly not sure what to do with them.

First off, I have my main PC, which I'm thinking of selling (specs in profile)

I have my laptop, which is an older HP DV7 (2170us) with an Intel Core 2 Duo, 4gb DDR2, HD 4560 (1gb), nice LED 1080p screen etc. However, It has not only an extra msata slot, but room for another 2.5" HDD, upgradable ram (to 8gb), as well as an upgradable cpu.

I also have a 2011 era Acer tower which has a 3.2ghz Pentium, 4gb ram, no hard drive, and a butt ugly case.

As far as my main rig goes, it's pretty much complete besides a possible mobo/cpu upgrade in the future.

The laptop would be pretty awesome, with a Core 2 Quad, 8GB of ram, a 60gb msata SSD or something like that, and maybe dual 1tb HDDs.

As for the Acer.. I was thinking of putting the MATX mobo, cpu, and ram in an HTPC case, with my old amd 5770 1gb, maybe put in a cheap little boot ssd, and a 320gb hdd for data.

OR I could go mental with my main rig, and get another 280X, upgrade the PSU, 16gb of ram, and a new cpu cooler.

I have no clue where to go from here. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks

-Lolz

I will take some off your hands =] lol. I like to turn old PCs into small servers usually just for testing purposes. Sometimes web servers and such, and now that I have discovered how to host as many websites I want on the same IP I am about to have some fun

How can you have too many computers?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

How can you have too many computers?

True, there is no such thing as too many computers

Hello,

So I have quite a lot of computers, and I'm honestly not sure what to do with them.

First off, I have my main PC, which I'm thinking of selling (specs in profile)

I have my laptop, which is an older HP DV7 (2170us) with an Intel Core 2 Duo, 4gb DDR2, HD 4560 (1gb), nice LED 1080p screen etc. However, It has not only an extra msata slot, but room for another 2.5" HDD, upgradable ram (to 8gb), as well as an upgradable cpu.

I also have a 2011 era Acer tower which has a 3.2ghz Pentium, 4gb ram, no hard drive, and a butt ugly case.

As far as my main rig goes, it's pretty much complete besides a possible mobo/cpu upgrade in the future.

The laptop would be pretty awesome, with a Core 2 Quad, 8GB of ram, a 60gb msata SSD or something like that, and maybe dual 1tb HDDs.

As for the Acer.. I was thinking of putting the MATX mobo, cpu, and ram in an HTPC case, with my old amd 5770 1gb, maybe put in a cheap little boot ssd, and a 320gb hdd for data.

OR I could go mental with my main rig, and get another 280X, upgrade the PSU, 16gb of ram, and a new cpu cooler.

I have no clue where to go from here. What would you guys suggest?

Thanks

-Lolz

I usually strip all the usefull things like RAM, HHD/SSDs, and the windows licence. 

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Give me one. I love 775 computers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I would just recycle the old pentium. Or sell it for like $20

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I usually strip all the usefull things like RAM, HHD/SSDs, and the windows licence. 

Wouldn't be that useful if it's OEM

Give me one. I love 775 computers.

I will take some off your hands =] lol. I like to turn old PCs into small servers usually just for testing purposes. Sometimes web servers and such, and now that I have discovered how to host as many websites I want on the same IP I am about to have some fun

I have 4 DC7600 HP towers if y'all want them. Just pay shipping and they're yours  :D . 80GB HDD, 1 or 2GB ram, P4 HT, etc, etc. I can't garuntee that they all work, though, but I've had them running.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Send em' to the scrap yard @terrytek

A168-01866_Electronic_scrap_sorted_used_

There is no such thing as too many computers.

However, one thing you could do (I would totally do this) is flog your laptop and your acer and put the money towards a gaming laptop in the future. Never know when you might want to game abroad or on the top of a mountain or something. for mobility purposes, I think anyone who is into doing stuff should have a gaming laptop, none of this ultrabook nonsense.

Wouldn't be that useful if it's OEM

nah

i go around at school and steal the keys from all their machines

i've been using them for years now ;)

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

nah

i go around at school and steal the keys from all their machines

i've been using them for years now ;)

steal? you mean copy :P

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace