Squad - new upcoming FPS for realism freak mature gamers

Good news!

"In less than 24 hours since launching Squad's Greenlight campaign, we've received over 11,000 unique visits to this page, and over 9200 "Yes" votes to our game. What is more astounding are the statistics, nearly 96% of you said that you wanted to see this game become a reality."

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/402654862

Edit: And now number 1 on greenlight!:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/402654862/1428477944

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bluedrake42 shows some old version of the game (building fobs and new map included):

• 2 weeks later...

Realism and fun in one game havent been done well yet, but UE4 should be a good step toward it. At the end it will all come to controls, game physics and playability.

OPs post sounds a lot like marketing BS though :D.

Only time will show.

ummm........Rainbow Six, Insurgency?

Eh, looks a lot like a mix of Arma and Insurgency. Don't like Insurgency at all, so that's a bust. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Eh, looks a lot like a mix of Arma and Insurgency. Don't like Insurgency at all, so that's a bust.

Maybe looks like Insurgency but it is nothing like it.

Just read this thread and you'll understand.

jackfrags playing:

Maybe looks like Insurgency but it is nothing like it.

Just read this thread and you'll understand.

jackfrags playing:

I've read the thread and I have watched that video. I still hold the opinion that it looks and reminds me of Insurgency. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I've read the thread and I have watched that video. I still hold the opinion that it looks and reminds me of Insurgency. 

Come on! It has nothing to do with Insurgency. It might be similar looking but that's it.

Does Insurgency have 100 players per match? No.

Does Insurgency have 16 square kilometer maps? No.

Does Insurgency have tanks, cars, helicopters, jets? No.

Does Insurgency have same squad system with commander role and kit choosing? No.

Does Insurgency have multiple differend armies? No.

Does Insurgency have position based VOIP system? No.

Does Insurgency have rally points, buildable FOBs, HMGs, ATGMs? No.

Does Insurgency have same amounth of endorcing / forcing to teamplay? No.

Does Insurgency have medic system or medics? No.

Does Insurgency have destruction of houses, barricades, emplacements? No.

You can see the trend here. Looks might be similar, but they are two completely differend games with nothing to do with each other. :)

Also keep in mind that Project Reality has been around since 2005, that is way before Insurgency even existed.

You really can't compare Project Reality with anything else, it's completely unique experience.

And because Squad will be the offspring of PR, it will be very similar. Nothing like Insurgency.

Gameplay:

Gameplay and devs answering questions (starting about at 1:14:00) :

Kickstarter is going well!

Bluedrake testing new map:

Looks sick, they should implement something like ACRE or TFAR. 

I assume you are referring to the communication systems.

Squad has identical communication system with Project Reality: BF2.

The thing is, it is incredibly easy to use, fast, reliable, versatile and realistic.

There are four channels you can use (depending on the role you are playing) plus additional channels for every single separate squad within the team.

Everyone can talk in direct voice to each other in the same team.

The sound comes from the same spot where the individual who speaks stands. This means that one can run up to completely differend squad, lets say a tank crew for example and tell them what is going on.

Then you have the squad radio which can be used to talk to everyone within your own squad, this radio can be heard everywhere on the map.

Squad leaders have the squad leader radio which can be used to communicate with the other squad leaders across the map regardless of you position.

Every squad leader have their own dedicaded channel within the numpad (1-9), so you can reach them with a single push of a button.

Example: squad 1 needs mortar support from the squad 4. The squad 1 squad leader pushes numpad button 4 and explains the situation. That's it.

The final channel is commander radio. Commander can use it to communicate with all the squad leaders and squad leaders can use it to communicate with the commander.

Simple.