Squad - new upcoming FPS for realism freak mature gamers

Well, been playing Project Reality @DavidL.Roth. The learning curve is insane for other mechanics but I'm digging it. I was prone on a hill and realized as I fired at the enemy this is probably going to be the most realistic FPS I have ever played.

If Squad is the spiritual successor to PR and supposedly better....I can't wait!

4 hours ago, ShoshinUK said:

1. Minor hacking on the servers I play, and the admins run a tight ship most of the time.

2. No mic, you can play but most half serious squads will kick you, your simply not effective without a mic.

3. Plenty of activity on the servers at peak times, getting on the best ones can be difficult at times.

4. Community, overall is very good. Like everything theres good and bad.

5. Optimisation is better, its still not great but i'm playing on high settings at a fixed 45 FPS (i.e I manually fix it there and it never drops lower) on busy servers running a 4700HQ and 780m 4GB laptop, which is pretty impressive if you ask me and totally playable.

There's 2 things to look for in Squad, IMO that make it great.

1. A squad lead that knows the game mechanics for the map your playing and the basics of leading a Squad

2. All Squads on the same side communicate via their Squad leader, if that happens it's an outstanding game. If it doesn't I tend to rage quit........

Feel free to friend me mate, I have a ton of Squad friends now and we aim to play organised with good comm's, (ATaC) Shoshin is my steam name.

Thanks! Gonna purchase it later this week (waiting for card to arrive), so very excited to hear about minor hacking and good community. :)

Do they tolerant shoutbox helpers? I'm a very fast typer and I report statuses etc etc quickly on the games I do play (BF3/4, America's Army: Proving Grounds and Insurgency) like a pro. I know I need a mic

either way though, so I'm gonna get one as soon as I find one good for $20-30 (or use my Turtle Beach xbox headset).

Wow that does sound impressive. I was going to assume performance was terrible...like most early access games. xD

(oh, is that a clan "(ATaC)" or apart of your Steam name? I don't think I could have time/skill for a clan if so.)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

(ATaC) stands for A tactical community and is a steam group/clan I belong to.

Your welcome to join we are very friendly bunch and always team play, we only formally support Insurgency and Arma 3 where we have private ops on our servers, but many of us play Squad and R6 Seige together as they are tactical games based on fireteam tactics etc.

Don't worry about skill or experience, we will help you no problem, but you must have a mic to play with us.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

On 2/28/2016 at 6:58 AM, ShoshinUK said:

(ATaC) stands for A tactical community and is a steam group/clan I belong to.

Your welcome to join we are very friendly bunch and always team play, we only formally support Insurgency and Arma 3 where we have private ops on our servers, but many of us play Squad and R6 Seige together as they are tactical games based on fireteam tactics etc.

Don't worry about skill or experience, we will help you no problem, but you must have a mic to play with us.

Ah, okay. Sorry I don't really use Steam a lot except to launch my games, so I am largely unfamiliar on how to actually use it and what things are (like usernames instead of groups). haha W

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

np mate, just find me 

(ATaC) Shoshin

on steam, friend me, we exchange a quick message and ill invite you to the group. you can play, not play whatever fits what your after and schedule.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

On 1/4/2015 at 3:12 AM, DavidL.Roth said:

Hi,

Decided to start new topic on this instead of writing in the already existing Project Reality thread. (link)

What is it?
It's a standalone game on the Unreal 4 engine from the developers of the Battlefield 2 mod called Project Reality. (link) Trailer. (link)

30th of may 2015 update: Project Reality mod just became FREE standalone game and you no longer need Battlefield 2 to play it. Check it out.

What it is all about?
To play as a team in a tactical manner using mics for communication and having massive amounts of fun!

You have all the military equipment available to be used, such as infantry, armor, jets and helicopters etc.

Keywords: realistic, teamwork forcing/endorcing, mic communication, tactical, mature, fun, time consuming.

Squad YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoinSquad/videos

Squad Forums:

http://forums.joinsquad.net/

First dev diary (note december 2014 highly WIP early alpha footage):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8liv9wVZu1s

This is going to be fantastic, everything which wasn't possible to do with the Battlefield 2 engine is now with the Unreal 4.

EDIT: here is the new kickstarter trailer (added 27th of may 2015)

Edit: Early Access teaser (added 14th of december 2015):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiNBHsLTY18

Is this to raise awareness because Squad has been out for a while?

19 hours ago, Chronical93 said:

Is this to raise awareness because Squad has been out for a while?

What do you mean?

Why did you posted the whole giant first post of this topic? Maybe try to edit it and hide it under spoiler link? I've never understood why people do that. So annoying.

February monthly recap:

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=82

3 hours ago, DavidL.Roth said:

What do you mean?

Why did you posted the whole first post of this topic? Maybe try to edit it and hide it under spoiler link? I've never understood why people do that. So annoying.

February monthly recap:

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=82

Damn! The grass bending addition is amazing! And the maps. :o

I think I followed this thread a few months ago.

I was about to purchase Squad back then but I realized I may have a problem with server locations.

Would you guys know activity and servers in the SEA region?

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

8 hours ago, Noyu said:

Would you guys know activity and servers in the SEA region?

Just checked the server list two minutes ago.
Two servers up near Australia / NZ region with players on.

And then I found this site:
http://squad-servers.com/

I have no clue though how good that site is for tracking servers...(found it by googling).

On 04/03/2016 at 10:56 PM, DavidL.Roth said:

Just checked the server list two minutes ago.
Two servers up near Australia / NZ region with players on.

And then I found this site:
http://squad-servers.com/

I have no clue though how good that site is for tracking servers...(found it by googling).

Yea I googled that too. But I'd want to hear from an actual player from SEA.

HELLO?! ANYONE THERE?! hahahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

8 hours ago, Noyu said:

Yea I googled that too. But I'd want to hear from an actual player from SEA.

HELLO?! ANYONE THERE?! hahahaha

I think you would have better luck trying the official forums:

steamcommunity.com/app/393380/discussions/

or the Steam Discussion Page:

steamcommunity.com/app/393380/discussions/

3 hours ago, DavidL.Roth said:

Sounds really difficult. I hope they can manage to fix that netcode.

Maybe they could reach out to someone else, see if they have any suggestions or are willing to help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thank you for keeping the thread updated @DavidL.Roth, even if it hurts my tender soul to not be able to play the game. lol

Gotta read over the last two updates. Shouldn't take too long, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The vehicle updates....oh the teasing is gonna kill me!

Thanks for keeping us informed as always @DavidL.Roth!

• 2 weeks later...

alright Ani!

Ani and I play same/similar servers regularly. He's a good egg.

I think I have around 250 hours now, and I am part of a relaxed Squad clan, ZXD.

Feel free to message if you want to play Squad.

Operating System Win 10

On 13.6.2016 at 11:28 AM, Mad Ani said:

Anyway here's a great game I had yesterday with some random dudes on the server...

Cool gameplay sir!

Offworld just announced that Squad will be hitting the Steam summer sale this year and vehicles will be implemented in late july!
http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=102