Squad - new upcoming FPS for realism freak mature gamers

How's this game coming along? I've been checking out videos here and there but refuse to pay the kind of money they're asking for the Early Access.

TBH that alone makes me never want to try the game, don't like when companies try raping people but I've heard good things about the game. Might hop in the December group.

Well, check out the monthly recaps and updates I've posted and you can find out all the progress they've made :)

In my opinion 30 us dollars for early access is not that much.

The 70 dollars early alpha tiers are too expensive for my taste too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay folks, Squad will be hitting Steam early access December 15th at 8:00 AM GMT!

I already got my Steam game key.

Early Access teaser:

Tell me one game that runs crappy on unreal engine ( any unreal engine :) )

It will run on a freaking cheapest gaming pc you can build.

batman: arkham knight

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BlueDrake42 "ranting" about a lot of YouTubers not getting what Squad is all about:

Edit: JackFrags talks about Squad:

• 2 weeks later...

Is this up already? I'm VERY interested.

I don't care about the graphics and other stuff.

50 vs 50 = FUN

seriously though is it up? and how much? currently at the office. OFC steam is blocked. ahahaha

also, where are the servers located? this may affect my gameplay experience since my internet is shitty

EDIT:

it costs approximate 27USD on my steam account (it's weird that it costs so much lower)

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just seen the Squad thread, nice.

I play alot and happy to hook up with any LTT friends for an organised Squad experience!

On steam I am (ATaC) Shoshin for friend requests, just message me saying your LTT friend and let's do this.

Our steam clan ATaC doesn't support Squad yet, but we do have Insurgency and Arma 3 servers and about 150 current members, we use Discord and TS so feel free to join those games as well, our servers are in Germany but many international friends play with no issues etc.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

Thinking of finally picking this up, as I'm looking for more FPS games that have a far more serious approach than BF, but I got some questions. Maybe you guys can answer them?

• Is the hacker infestation bad?
  • How screwed are you if you don't have a mic? Can you shoutbox comments/replies?
  • How full are servers? Is it pretty much dead since it is Early Access?
  • How is the community? Full of 13yr CoD players?
  • Is optimization any good?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

17 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Thinking of finally picking this up, as I'm looking for more FPS games that have a far more serious approach than BF, but I got some questions. Maybe you guys can answer them?

• How screwed are you if you don't have a mic? Can you shoutbox comments/replies?

im not playing it (yet) but in terms of player count seems reasonable

0tR0ujp.png

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

12 hours ago, Albatross said:

I haven't been able to play this for over a month due to my work so I cannot answer about the hackers.
As far as I know, I've never encountered hacker in this game. But I don't play games that often.

Maybe try to ask about this in Squad official forums?

You have to have mic. It is a must.

Servers are filling up good. The player count is normal size for the realistic first person shooter genre game.
If you check out Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2 player counts, they are similar. Plenty of players.

Community on Project Reality is well over 18.
But since lot of YouTubers are giving Squad a lot of attention it has dragged in some little kids (like in all games).
But generally speaking the community is more mature than in FPS games in general.

Optimization has been improved massively since the first release.

If you are hesitating to buy. Go to Project Reality mod homesite and download that game for free.
Squad will eventually be pretty much improved version of that game.

To me Project Reality is the best game I've ever played. Even though it's more than 10 years old. Oh well, time flies...

9 hours ago, DavidL.Roth said:

I haven't been able to play this for over a month due to my work so I cannot answer about the hackers.
As far as I know, I've never encountered hacker in this game. But I don't play games that often.

Maybe try to ask about this in Squad official forums?

You have to have mic. It is a must.

Servers are filling up good. The player count is normal size for the realistic first person shooter genre game.
If you check out Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2 player counts, they are similar. Plenty of players.

Community on Project Reality is well over 18.
But since lot of YouTubers are giving Squad a lot of attention it has dragged in some little kids (like in all games).
But generally speaking the community is more mature than in FPS games in general.

Optimization has been improved massively since the first release.

If you are hesitating to buy. Go to Project Reality mod homesite and download that game for free.
Squad will eventually be pretty much improved version of that game.

To me Project Reality is the best game I've ever played. Even though it's more than 10 years old. Oh well, time flies...

I appreciate this answer a lot. I don't get a lot of gaming cash so I'd like to invest in something high quality and not regret my decisions. Also I really can't stand the annoying 13yrs and their yo momma jokes. :ph34r: As for the mic, looks like I gotta find a cheap solution or something. I'd hate to be kicked out of a server because I don't have one. lol

I'll give Project Reality a shot then! I was playing Arma II earlier because someone said it was like that, and if it is (or harder) then I think I am going to enjoy the learning curve of Squad a lot!

Thanks again. :)

*I didn't know people could freely register on the Squad forums. I thought it was for those with access to the game.*

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On 2/27/2016 at 7:17 AM, Albatross said:

1. Apparently minor hacking on the servers I play, and the admins run a tight ship most of the time. I have never seen it in nearly 100 hours game time so far.

2. No mic, you can play but most half serious squads will kick you, your simply not effective without a mic.

3. Plenty of activity on the servers at peak times, getting on the best ones can be difficult at times.

4. Community, overall is very good. Like everything theres good and bad.

5. Optimisation is better, its still not great but i'm playing on high settings at a fixed 45 FPS (i.e I manually fix it there and it never drops lower) on busy servers running a 4700HQ and 780m 4GB laptop, which is pretty impressive if you ask me and totally playable.

There's 2 things to look for in Squad, IMO that make it great.

1. A squad lead that knows the game mechanics for the map your playing and the basics of leading a Squad

2. All Squads on the same side communicate via their Squad leader, if that happens it's an outstanding game. If it doesn't I tend to rage quit........

Feel free to friend me mate, I have a ton of Squad friends now and we aim to play organised with good comm's, (ATaC) Shoshin is my steam name.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF