So I received about $500 over the holidays... What PC related Item should I purchase?

Hey all

So I received some money over Christmas and New years (Japanese give people of student age money :D ) and I was wondering If I should invest in anything PC related. 

I was looking into getting into an Intel Build or maybe starting a Mini-itx build but I'm already locked down with a Custom loop on an AMD chipset requiring an ATX motherboard and 360mm and 240mm rads. 

In Japan, R9 290's are still 400-500$ so Crossfiring is out of the option :/  GPU's are relatively more expensive here even though its 120yen to $1. 

So what would you guys invest in? Or should I just save it in my bank. 

I have also been looking into a Glock 19 which is right around $500. 

My Current rig:

AMD 8350

R9 290 

8GB ram @ 1333Hz 

2x 1TB HDD WD Blacks 

256 GB Samsung 840 SSD 

1000W EVGA Supernova G2

CPU and GPU under a custom loop 360mm and 240mm rads. 

Edit: I'm a Japanese/American thats visiting his family in Japan which is why I got the new years money :D 

Unless you are going to consider monitors / peripherals, keep your current system. 

EDIT:

Freesync monitors are coming at CES 2015 (can you wait a week?), I'd consider trying a FreeSync monitor for your R9 290 if it turns out to be anywhere near what Gsync is doing.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

What about a raid array and more monitors?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Is that Glock 19 part a joke? If not, why would you want one?

IMO your system is still sufficent for nowadays games to be left alone.

How's your monitor? If you're happy with it, I'd put the money in the bank for future plans/upgrades.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Unless you are going to consider monitors / peripherals, keep your current system. 

What about a raid array and more monitors?

I currently have one 1080p monitor and one 1440p monitor. I was quite content with gaming on one monitor and the fps I was getting at 1440p. 

and I have a Mech keyboard and a good mouse so I'm content with those guys as well. 

Also... What benefit will I get setting up a raid array? 

Hey all

So I received some money over Christmas and New years (Japanese give people of student age money :D ) and I was wondering If I should invest in anything PC related. 

I was looking into getting into an Intel Build or maybe starting a Mini-itx build but I'm already locked down with a Custom loop on an AMD chipset requiring an ATX motherboard and 360mm and 240mm rads. 

In Japan, R9 290's are still 400-500$ so Crossfiring is out of the option :/  GPU's are relatively more expensive here even though its 120yen to $1. 

So what would you guys invest in? Or should I just save it in my bank. 

I have also been looking into a Glock 19 which is right around $500. 

My Current rig:

AMD 8350

R9 290 

8GB ram @ 1333Hz 

2x 1TB HDD WD Blacks 

256 GB Samsung 840 SSD 

1000W EVGA Supernova G2

CPU and GPU under a custom loop 360mm and 240mm rads. 

i7-4790k and Msi/Asus z97 Motherboard

Aren't guns illegal in Japan? I'd rather have an M9 or a 1911.

I currently have one 1080p monitor and one 1440p monitor. I was quite content with gaming on one monitor and the fps I was getting at 1440p. 

and I have a Mech keyboard and a good mouse so I'm content with those guys as well. 

Faster read/write, more storage, and the chance to lose all your data if one of the drives break (in standard RAID configs).

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Is that Glock 19 part a joke? If not, why would you want one?

IMO your system is still sufficent for nowadays games to be left alone.

How's your monitor? If you're happy with it, I'd put the money in the bank for future plans/upgrades.

Nah not a joke. I'm going to be living on my own with my girlfriend and the area the apartment is at has frequent armed robberies. (basically any apartment off Campus from university is in a shady area) I'm also a fan of going to the range on the weekends to just shoot at targets. I mean I could also have a machete by my bed as well. 

Aren't guns illegal in Japan? I'd rather have an M9 or a 1911.

Sorry I fixed it in my edit. I am a Japanese/American thats visiting family in Japan right now but I live in the states as my permanent address. 

Edit: Apologies for double post :( 

faster speeds and more capacity pretty much

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Sorry I fixed it in my edit. I am a Japanese/American thats visiting family in Japan right now but I live in the states as my permanent address. 

Edit: Apologies for double post :(

Oh ok but why a Glock? Glocks are ugly.

Oh ok but why a Glock? Glocks are ugly.

Affordable on a college student level (gun and ammo) and the G19 felt great in my hands while firing it. And I don't think they're that ugly :/ 

Faster read/write, more storage, and the chance to lose all your data if one of the drives break (in standard RAID configs).

Would I need to get more drives in order to do this? I hear WD Reds are good for that. 

Just save it for your next update

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Get a 4690K and Z97 when you get back home, or just save the $ to spend on the new things that come out this year.

I assume you're living with your gf who is a student of the nearly campus. I wonder how she got by while you weren't there.

Get a gun if thats what it takes to be safe. Sacrifice a PC upgrade to keep you and your gf safe? Worth it.

Although I dunno about obtaining firearms in Japan.

I live in the US. I'm just in Japan for the holidays since thats where my family is. 

My gf and I go to the same school and have lived on campus in the dorms so thats how we got by :P 

Holly s**t!!!! 500!?!?!?! I got like 20€

Longboarders/ skaters message me!