was it an upgrade or down grade

I am currently running msi fm2 a85xa-g65 motherboard....i just left microcenter they had a big after christmas sell, they asked me what i had because i really wanted an A10 6800k apu bec right now i have an A6 6400k apu. They convenced me to get an FM2+ board A78M-E35 for the new A10 7850k APUThe board was on sale for $40.00 Which he said its running the R7 270x onboard apu graphics was this a good move is my question?

Opposed to my other board i was also running crossfire msi hawk hd r5770

Don't ever trust an employee at a tech store. I once overheard a guy telling a 70 year old granny that the i5's had 6 cores and then he recomended 32GB of RAM to make grans pc faster.

It does not have a 270X onboard. What a crock of shit.

Don't let them sell you stuff.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Don't ever trust an employee at a tech store. I once overheard a guy telling a 70 year old granny that the i5's had 6 cores and then he recomended 32GB of RAM to make grans pc faster.

It does not have a 270X onboard. What a crock of shit.

Don't let them sell you stuff.

Tl;dr you downgraded

Tl;dr you downgraded

This.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

It's an upgrade downgrade... you went from an A85 chipset to an A75 chipset in exchange for the socket... and no the A10-7850k is does not have an R7 270X... It does have an iGPU almost equal to an R7 250... (not too sure on this one since their site does not list specifics)

I am currently running msi fm2 a85xa-g65 motherboard....i just left microcenter they had a big after christmas sell, they asked me what i had because i really wanted an A10 6800k apu bec right now i have an A6 6400k apu. They convenced me to get an FM2+ board A78M-E35 for the new A10 7850k APUThe board was on sale for $40.00 Which he said its running the R7 270x onboard apu graphics was this a good move is my question?

Opposed to my other board i was also running crossfire msi hawk hd r5770

get back to the store and give them back their shit and buy a cheap H series socket 1150 motherboard that has the features you need along with a core i3 or a locked core i5.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It's an upgrade downgrade... you went from an A85 chipset to an A75 chipset in exchange for the socket... and no the A10-7850k is does not have an R7 270X... It does have an iGPU almost equal to an R7 250... (not too sure on this one since their site does not list specifics)

why in earth is the purpose of building fm2+ sockets after fm2

get back to the store and give them back their shit and buy a cheap H series socket 1150 motherboard that has the features you need along with a core i3 or a locked core i5.

@Bigtrucksdd Go back to the store and tell the manager (the manager directly) what happened (how you got lied to) and he/she will give you a full refund. Microcenter managers don't fuck around from what I've seen (in Cincinnati).

RIP in pepperonis m8s

@Bigtrucksdd Go back to the store and tell the manager (the manager directly) what happened (how you got lied to) and he/she will give you a full refund. Microcenter managers don't fuck around from what I've seen (in Cincinnati).

this really sucks i live almost an hour away

can it be explained on how a military class 4 is a downgrade from a class 3

Damn, you could of asked us before hand, we are always happy to help. And its a complete downgrade...

Edit: A10 7850K has integrated R7 250.... and at least i would of gotten A88x platform

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Damn, you could of asked us before hand, we are always happy to help. And its a complete downgrade...

i didnt no, i went up there to upgrade my apu to the A10 6800k and thats what they talked me into because they are clearing there shelfs getting ready for amd fm3 sockets for march release date

i didnt no, i went up there to upgrade my apu to the A10 6800k and thats what they talked me into because they are clearing there shelfs getting ready for amd fm3 sockets for march release date

That sucks man. You should of done bit more research, that's why i had to learn every bit about pc components, and other stuff such as cars and other tech so i don't get ripped off by fucked up salesman trying to make a quick buck. But you should return it. And don't get another APU. Get a Intel i3, and cheap H81 board and call it a day. And in case they try to offer you 32 GB of ram. Get 8 GB if your only gaming, and 16 GB for editing and etc.

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

can it be explained on how a military class 4 is a downgrade from a class 3

nobody even knows what a ''military class'' is including MSI themselves i'm sure...as much  as i love msi this is purely a marketing gimmick.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

nobody even knows what a ''military class'' is including MSI themselves i'm sure...as much  as i love msi this is purely a marketing gimmick.

Reading this makes me glad i know a lot knowledge about pc, so i don't get fooled

That sucks man. You should of done bit more research, that's why i had to learn every bit about pc components, and other stuff such as cars and other tech so i don't get ripped off by fucked up salesman trying to make a quick buck. But you should return it. And don't get another APU. Get a Intel i3, and cheap H81 board and call it a day. And in case they try to offer you 32 GB of ram. Get 8 GB if your only gaming, and 16 GB for editing and etc.

well the good news is i havent tore down anything yet. that thing is still in its box, ill makem get my a10 6800k i originally went there for lol

well the good news is i havent tore down anything yet. that thing is still in its box, ill makem get my a10 6800k i originally went there for lol

that is not worth your money either mate its really not a significant upgrade...

Reading this makes me glad i know a lot knowledge about pc, so i don't get fooled

lol im still lost on the whole fm2 and fm2+ dealand msi military class 4 and 3, i mean the board is so tiny and i had to throw this post out to get opinions

im already running 12 gigs lol

lol im still lost on the whole fm2 and fm2+ dealand msi military class 4 and 3, i mean the board is so tiny and i had to throw this post out to get opinions

if you want to vastly improve your gaming experience just give them the stock back and buy this instead and slap it into your case and enjoy:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/431152/Radeon_R9_280_3GB_DDR5_PCI-Express_DVI-I_-_DVI-D_-_HDMI_-_DP_Dual-X_w-_Boost_Video_Card

if you want to vastly improve your gaming experience just give them the stock back and buy this instead and slap it into your case and enjoy:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/431152/Radeon_R9_280_3GB_DDR5_PCI-Express_DVI-I_-_DVI-D_-_HDMI_-_DP_Dual-X_w-_Boost_Video_Card

with the crossfire i have now msi hawk hd r5770 my A6 6400k runs at 100 percent almost constantly on battlefield 4 isnt the bottleneck the cpu then sense the usage is 100 percent on both cores....my vids are barely hitting 20 percent usages

with the crossfire i have now msi hawk hd r5770 my A6 6400k runs at 100 percent almost constantly on battlefield 4 isnt the bottleneck the cpu then sense the usage is 100 percent on both cores....my vids are barely hitting 20 percent usages

Yeah that's pretty rough. Your gpus are getting choked by that cpu. I'd do like others have said and use your money on an i3/i5 and motherboard combo instead of AMD. I think you'll be really glad you did.

nevermind sorry i had in mind that the 6400k was a quad core...

Sell your duo cards and get a single killer card for your new (limited...) motherboard. I recommend the GTX 970 which is the best bang for dollar card out there. 

Runs all modern gales on ultra at 40 FPS+ for under $400. Can't be beat. + free game if you get on Newegg. 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview