Not wanting to play games anymore

Demonicreature

Hey linustechtips, I've been going through a phase that people have called "gamer fatigue". Its been months since I last wanted to play a game. The last game I've really enjoyed and wanted to keep playing was TF2... but I stopped about march last year and I think that it started when I stopped TF2... after that I've just been using my computer using the internet most of the time. I often find myself going through my Steam library thinking of wanting to play a game but I end up just using the internet again. I sometimes play some games for about 30-45 mins and just get bored and give up after that. I have quite a number of games not even reaching 2 hours of gameplay... about 80% of games I own I think. There was of course some games I got into last year that I somewhat enjoyed like GTA IV(I know... old game... I felt nostalgic about GTA so I played it and got like 8 hours out of it... was disappointed but the mods were fun) and civilization 5 with about 40 hours of gameplay. Other than these 2 games I have played, I felt that everything else was boring. I play Dota 2 occasionally with my friends but I got bored of it very quickly and now I rarely talk with them. Games are the thing that boosts relationships between me and my friends but since I stopped playing games much, I feel like the distance between us are getting larger and larger. Is there any way to circumvent this issue? Maybe recommend me some games that are fun to play... idk. My life feels so empty without games but whenever I try to play games I and very reluctant. I apologised if I have ruined anyones days after reading this... I wanted to get this out of myself.

Find a different game, go look at reviews of things you've never thought of playing.

same i get bored of gaming. i enjoy watchign twtich streams and YT videos instead. lol

I ever since I turned 16 I started to dislike gaming...

It's... It's happening... NOOO!

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

same thing here sir. If you see me steam profile, you'll see the last time i played...

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

same thing here sir. If you see me steam profile, you'll see the last time i played...

I was curios so I tried to find you, but I can't find you with the Steam name listed on your profile.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Watch Jacksepticeye.

keep-calm-and-go-outside-1.png

Half a joke and half serious. As with a lot of enjoyable things in life, if you don't do it for a while, you enjoy it more next time you do it.

And also, if your life really feels empty without playing games, improve your life, get help to improve it, to the point that gaming is again that thing you like to do now and than to have fun rather than it being your only spark of happiness in the day.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

I have a problem where ever since coming back to CS from 1.6 to GO I have gotten addicted to CS again and I can't stop. I tried to quit but I just keep playing for some reason. 1452 hours in atm and 128 hrs played just last 2 weeks. I'm pretty good at CS but I want a less competitive game, something more casual, don't really have money to buy games atm.

Here is my steam library, maybe reccomend me a fun MP/SP game that I can play more casually and still have fun?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I can't play single player games anymore either. I only play multiplayer with some mates. Counter-Strike:GO, Payday2, Space Engineers, Borderlands. Those sort of games.

Those I still enjoy, but probably due to the social aspect.

Ok, a few games I can play endlessly though; XCOM and Dark Souls :)

I am 26 years old and this happened to me about 4 years ago. I can only play FPS muliplayed like BF3 for about a hour or two. When I get a GFX card I will pick up dragon age inquistion and I have a feeling that will be a game I wont mind sticking time into.

Really it's called getting older.. other things start to take precedent. I am the same way though. I REALLY REALLY want to sink my teeth into a game though but hard to bring myself to actually do it.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I've been going through a phase that people have called "gamer fatigue".

I wouldn't really say it's a bad thing.  So..  you're not into it any more.  Big deal.   I don't mean to sound like I'm giving you a hard time for writing about it, but instead I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with it.   Not every one has to play video games their whole lives.  Cheer up.

Really it's called getting older.. other things start to take precedent.

Haha.  Sometimes, ya.  I'm 35 and I have a 13 year old. I still like playing games.   :)

play a genre, that you are unfamiliar, for example a turn-based strategy game (xcom), a spectacle fighter (metal gear rising revengance), a race driver, or just something you won't consider playing (just look for good games on steam). after a while of playing those and experiencing different aspect of computer games it will be a lot more fun

Learn programming, become a Software Engineer/Computer Scientist and raise a family. It worked for me and now I don't have any free time left to even think about gaming.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Its happens to everyone from time to time, nothing wrong with taking a break from it.

Breaks are good.

When you're ready to end this cycle of madness, look for something that'll suck you in...like a good RPG, or MMO (do those exist?).

I feel you. Try different things like making mods, that could be fun :)

Get a bunch of your friends and play Planetside 2. Great Game

"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve. It may not be immediate, and often your greater dreams is something you will not achieve within your own lifetime. The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death."

-Monty Oum

2014 was one of the worst years in gaming every of course you did, most people had this feeling.
Generation changes always create crappy games in the first 2 years because games are getting spread to thin over to many platforms or get developed for old systems but then get ported to the new ones.
I'll probably go away this year and 100% next year when actual next gen games come out.

2015 seems already way more exiting than 2014 and that is only from games I know about:
Star Wars Battlefront  (That last one came out 10 years ago)
Project Cars 
Batman Arkham Knight
The Witcher 3
Just Cause 3
Mortal Kombat X (This is literally the year of fighting games)
Tekken 7
Street Fighter V
Dead Or Alive 5
The Division 
Rainbow Six Siege
Assassins Creed Victory (Setting looks way more promising than Unity)
Dying Light
Dead Island 2
Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain
GTA V PC
Evolve
Star Citizen PU Alpha (I don't believe they will hit that though xD)
No Mans Sky
H1Z1
Hotline Miami 2
Hyper Light Drifter (Really exited for this one)
Roller Coaster Tycoon World (We are getting finally a new one)

Here's a list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

RTX2070OC 

Play arma 3! Your life=Over

lol ive been playing ONLY that since i got it, damn i like altis life so much :o

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Something I found very addicting is mapping for your favorite game(s).

If you've got a lot of spare time on your hands, try it out...you may enjoy it.  :)

Hey linustechtips, I've been going through a phase that people have called "gamer fatigue". Its been months since I last wanted to play a game. The last game I've really enjoyed and wanted to keep playing was TF2... but I stopped about march last year and I think that it started when I stopped TF2... after that I've just been using my computer using the internet most of the time. I often find myself going through my Steam library thinking of wanting to play a game but I end up just using the internet again. I sometimes play some games for about 30-45 mins and just get bored and give up after that. I have quite a number of games not even reaching 2 hours of gameplay... about 80% of games I own I think. There was of course some games I got into last year that I somewhat enjoyed like GTA IV(I know... old game... I felt nostalgic about GTA so I played it and got like 8 hours out of it... was disappointed but the mods were fun) and civilization 5 with about 40 hours of gameplay. Other than these 2 games I have played, I felt that everything else was boring. I play Dota 2 occasionally with my friends but I got bored of it very quickly and now I rarely talk with them. Games are the thing that boosts relationships between me and my friends but since I stopped playing games much, I feel like the distance between us are getting larger and larger. Is there any way to circumvent this issue? Maybe recommend me some games that are fun to play... idk. My life feels so empty without games but whenever I try to play games I and very reluctant. I apologised if I have ruined anyones days after reading this... I wanted to get this out of myself.

Talos Principal

Antichamber

Bioshock infinite

Portal 1/2

The above games really offer something different than the average game can provide.

MOBA's like DOTA 2 and LOL etc all require time and commitment, to propperly enjoy them a team is required or at least a solid in depth understanding of the champion mechanics and game stratergy.

I have won 300 games of leauge and I still get outplayed... especially if I take a break for a week or two - never ending learning curve

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.