How did you get into Anime

Decon

Late Night Adult Swim:

BLEACH!

Been hooked ever since, just finished Akame ga KILL! That was pretty good.

Oh woah, not strictly related to Japanese anime but do you remember Space Ghost Coast to Coast?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

My sister made me watch bleach. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I think I recall Space Ghost, an oldie that they used to splice for comedy.

You never know until tomorrow how today will go.

I didn't get into anime... anime got into me...

Not sure how... I just started exploring... started from gundam, then Evangelion (the WTF meter went off the scale there), then more... soon I just had to explore the media...

There's something about the concepts used in an anime...

i.e.

The vampire is portrayed several unique ways in anime... like in Blood+, DxD, and in MoonPhase... While in the west, I can only recall two...

I got even more into anime when I looked into their source materials... Manga, Light Novels, and Visual Novels... especially those visual novels...

To the point where I wrote a formal paper on why VNs and video games in general should be treated as artistic works...

I actually started with VNs... weird I know..

About 3 years ago if my timescale is correct I played katawa shoujo.. I then later played Muv Luv after it... and then Steins;gate... and then one of the routes of Clannad.

A year afterish of katawa shoujo I watched cowboy bebop with my brother.. I think that was the first thing we watched.. .. It was either that.. or studio ghibli movies.

Now my brother and I have watched a ton of anime together.. While we don't always watch together he only has seen what I have seen.. although I have seen stuff he hasn't. 

MAL

Hummingbird

Started as a kid watching the original Beyblade series

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I'm not "into" anime. I just happen to really like some shows. Mainly cause I grew up with them: Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball Z. Later on I gave Fullmetal Alchemist a tried and loved the series (Not Brotherhood which is ok but not as strong in the storyline imho) and some classics like Akira and Ninja Scroll but that's about it really: I find that things are not as simple as 15 or 20 years ago when I could watch 10 filler episodes without issue while waiting for a good one I am just not that patient anymore and there's way, way too much fucking filler in Anime.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm not "into" anime. I just happen to really like some shows. Mainly cause I grew up with them: Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball Z. Later on I gave Fullmetal Alchemist a tried and loved the series (Not Brotherhood which is ok but not as strong in the storyline imho) and some classics like Akira and Ninja Scroll but that's about it really: I find that things are not as simple as 15 or 20 years ago when I could watch 10 filler episodes without issue while waiting for a good one I am just not that patient anymore and there's way, way too much fucking filler in Anime.

Ditto, filler episodes... I cannot stand them and they ruin the anime for me.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.