Samsung TVs to Use Tizen Operating System Starting 2015

tizen-tv-8.jpg

Samsung Electronics Co. said Thursday its homegrown operating system known as Tizen is going to be widely adopted in its televisions starting this year in the company’s latest attempt to beef up its software capabilities.

Tizen is an operating system that Samsung has been developing for years together with Intel Corp. , with an initial focus on bringing the platform to its smartphones as an alternative to Google Inc.’s Android operating system.

Samsung didn’t disclose market availability or pricing details. The Tizen-based TVs will be showcased at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week.

IMG_6369.jpg

Samsung has failed in the past to launch a Tizen-powered smartphone, by adopting the Tizen platform, highlights the Korean company’s attempts at trying to jump start its consumer electronics unit, which hasn’t brought in significant profit growth to the company.

The majority of Samsung’s smartphones use Android, but Google controls the user experience and is increasingly tightening rules on how much Android handset makers such as Samsung can modify their phones to attract new consumers. That has led Samsung to develop Tizen as an alternative, industry observers say.

Bold move from samsung but i think it won't have any immediate effect on consumers to get rolling,we'll have to wait & see...

Link:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung-tvs-to-use-tizen-operating-system-1420088613

Details separate people.

They should just given up on Tizen

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would prefer if they moved everything to Android TV but this makes sense I guess.

Their current smart TVs uses some other OS specifically designed for their TVs so app support is bad. It doesn't make sense maintaining 2 OSes when Tizen can do both.

They should just give up on Tizen

What's wrong with it?

Sorry, too lazy to read the OP's full post.

BTW, I think you meant what I've highlighted in bold. ;):)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

What's wrong with it?

Sorry, too lazy to read the OP's full post.

BTW, I think you meant what I've highlighted in bold. ;):)

Holy Smokes! you probably would've had a heart attack from some of my old news posts then :D :lol:

Details separate people.

Holy Smokes! you probably would've had a heart attack from some of my old news posts then :D :lol:

Possibly! Are you a novel writer? :P:D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator