The future of Star Citizen

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

This isn't the same thing at all. These games aren't a race, it doesn't matter how long it takes someone to put 10 hours into a game. One person could put 10 hours into the game in one week, while another person could put 10 hours into the game over one month. The point is that both players still have the exact same opportunity for progress, because both had 10 hours with the game. This doesn't apply to paying real money, because not everyone has the money to spend, whereas everyone has the time to spend (no matter how often or not they play).

The argument you're making is also the same as all P2W devs make. "We include the option to pay hundreds of pounds for this in-game car because some people don't have the time to unlock it!" - I'd like to see you defend Microsoft when they did this with Forza, or when Sony did it with Driveclub.

There is a clear difference. Buying WoW gold is scammable and bannable. This alone puts a majority of people off because they don't want to risk losing their money, and they don't want to risk losing their accounts. It is also not allowed by the devs at all, and if a player is caught, they will be banned. The devs are clearly against people having the unfair advantages. In Star Citizen however, the devs are openly pushing microtransactions and are even giving players the platform to do it on. That is a lot, lot worse.

Are we seriously at the point where we're defending P2W shit now?

Except SC isn't P2W, there is no "win" situation. Yes you might beat someone in a random encounter and blow their ship up, but that isn't "winning" as you may have only blown up a defenseless hauler and all its cargo along withit so in the long run all you get is a +1 next to your kills while the hauler had insurance on his ships, cargo, and mods (meaning he doesn't lose anything). Besides that, assuming there is a "win" you can't pay for it either as SC is based on your ability to use your ships (or weapons or w/e) strengths against the opponents weakness, not a "ship a is better than ship b and will always win" type scenario (like buying a BIS trinket off the AH in WoW and never needing a new one till the next content patch).

Also there is a MASSIVE advantage to those that play any MMO for (example) 8 hours a day everyday of the week over those that don't. In WoW it translates into them being able to afford (off the auction house) all the starting gear needed to go straight into heroic raiding with an ilvl of 651 or so (entire guilds would have this ilvl on their core raid group before ever hitting a raid instance) where as someone else has to start in normals or lfr with an ilvl of 630 or so before being able to move on to the more difficult raids.

Hate to break it to you but gaming has (thankfully finally) transcended the "you must put shit tons of time into our game in order to play it how you want too" ideaology and is allowing for those of us with more money than time to enjoy the game we paid and continue to pay for how we want too.

edit:: got a phrase backwards

I would really support this game but I don't have any resources to do so. I am over and out.

I would really support this game but I don't have any resources to do so. I am over and out.

Support the game with your voice. Keep up with the news and progress of the game, and if/when you can eventually afford to do so, buy a copy when it comes out! No need to pay money, where you can simply spread the word for free :)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I found this on another thread here. I heard Star Citizen was very demanding but now even a 270X scores over 30 FPS with no optimised drivers at 1080P.post-94843-0-15487500-1420231594.png

| CPU: Intel Core i5 8400 | Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 PLUS | GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB DDR4 2400 MHz | PSU: Corsair VS650 | SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Monitor: Dell S2240L | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 |

I found this on another thread here. I heard Star Citizen was very demanding but now even a 270X scores over 30 FPS with no optimised drivers at 1080P

.attachicon.giftmp_14990-wjettx-1964551644.png

The game is in Alpha. It's still up to 24 months away from release. It'll run like shit for at least another 6 to 12 months. Just so you have a proper idea of why the game is so demanding right now.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)