MSI Gaming FM2+ Build

AMDMike

As the title says i'm doing an all AMD, Corsair, and MSI build, im using an MSI A88XM Gaming motherboard its an FM2+ socket and I'm planning on a single R9 290X. What CPU should I pair with this an A10-7850K or an Athlon X4 860K. would either of these bottleneck this GPU, and would they perform any different since the Athlon is just a normal AMD APU without the graphics cores?

As the title says i'm doing an all AMD, Corsair, and MSI build, im using an MSI A88XM Gaming motherboard its an FM2+ socket and I'm planning on a single R9 290X. What CPU should I pair with this an A10-7850K or an Athlon X4 860K. would either of these bottleneck this GPU, and would they perform any different since the Athlon is just a normal AMD APU without the graphics cores?

The X4 860K wont work. People get the A10-7850 because its a APU. Go with either something FX if your tight on cash. If not, have fun with a i5.

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

What resolution will you play at?

Because I think that the 860k would slightly bottleneck the 290X

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I play at 1080p

Get a 860K, a R9 280 and an A88XM Gaming

Give me/us your budget and we'll make you the whole build.

What resolution will you play at?

Because I think that the 860k would slightly bottleneck the 290X

For the most part I have the build planned out:

CPU: Athlon 860K

GPU: R9 290X

Motherboard: MSI A88XM

PSU: Corsair RM 650-850W (Depends on recommendations)

Case: Corsair Air 240

Ram: AMD R9 Gaming 8gb

SSD AMD R9 120GB

HDD: 2X 500GB Toshiba HDD (already have them from broken laptops) + 2x WD 1-2TB drives.

Cooling isn't figured out yet could do water cooling on gpu and cpu or go all air cooling with corsair AF 120/140

im open to suggestions but I do already have the air 240 so I cant change that its my favorite case.

EDIT: im not sure about water cooling I move it around sometimes and would like it to be as light as possible, its still an option though.

@XPS630i

I still think that the 860K will slightly bottleneck the 290X...

@XPS630i

I still think that the 860K will slightly bottleneck the 290X...

whats the performance difference between the 290 and 280?

whats the performance difference between the 290 and 280?

IMO, the 290 is a lot better, but you won't "extract" all of it's juice with that CPU... Why don't you get a 4690k?

IMO, the 290 is a lot better, but you won't "extract" all of it's juice with that CPU... Why don't you get a 4690k?

I cant find an msi gaming mobo for under $120 on the socket, and the amd system is a lot cheaper

I cant find an msi gaming mobo for under $120 on the socket, and the amd system is a lot cheaper

I know, but a Intel build is more powerful :)

I know, but a Intel build is more powerful :)

I would do one if ii had the money but I spent most of my money on my damn car. I could have had titans.